Pure At Heart (29) Sufficient is He

"But give good tidings to the patient." [Al Quran - 2:155]

______

I woke up in a bedroom. I looked around and saw no difference. It was the same bedroom I was currently sleeping in. It was Ayesha's bedroom. I sat up but I felt dizzy and thought I would throw up any second. Just then Ayesha walked in and saw me sitting me.

"Hamna, don't get up. You need rest," she said as she helped me lay back down.

"How did I get back here?" I asked her. She stayed quiet.

"It was hard. But don't worry. You're safe now, ok? I took care of those people," she told me.

"How did you-

"I'll tell you everything once you get better insha'ALLAH. Right now just go back to sleep. And take care of yourself," she said. I nodded and layed back down. I closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. I needed to know how Ayesha found out and how they let me go. Why wouldn't she tell me?

--

I woke up in the middle of the night. It was dark and I was sweating. I threw the blanket away from me and suddenly stood up. I walked in the living room and saw 3 to 4 people sitting there, among which I saw familiar faces. Maryan and Joshua. I looked at them and then towards Ayesha.

"Ayesha? What are they doing here?" I asked her in shock. She suddenly got up.

"Hamna, go inside. You don't have your hijab on," she said as she pushed me inside.

"What are they doing here?" I asked her. She stayed quiet.

"I'll tell you later," she said as she pushed me inside the bedroom. She started locking the door.

"Stop! You're hiding something from me!" I shouted. She panicked and closed the door, but I stopped the door with my hand.

"You're in on it with Maryan and Joshua. You're not helping me. You're going to harm me too. Let me out. Now! Let me go Ayesha," I shouted. She stared at me and then made an effort to close the door again.

"Hamna it's not safe for you to come outside right now. Stay in!" she told me.

"Why? So you can kill me? My Allah is with me. Let me go!" I tried opening the door.

"Hamna, please. You don't understand!" she said.

"Don't kill me!" I started crying.

"No one is going to kill you. Just stay in. No one is going to hurt you," she told me.

"You're planning to kill me!" I shouted.

"Well I guess the secret's out," I heard Maryan's voice from behind.

"Let her out Ayesha," she said. Ayesha looked at me and then at Maryan.

"Hamna you don't understand. Close the door or I can't guarantee that we'll ever see each other again after tonight," she whispered.

"I want to get out!" I said with a firm tone. With a helpless look on her face, she let go of the door handle. I opened the door and walked outside to face Maryan.

"Oh dear. Hamna your hijab. It's gone. Oh no!" Maryan spoke sarcastically.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"Like you said yourself. Ayesha and I are planning to kill you... for real this time," she spoke as she folded her arms in front of her.

I looked at her and then Ayesha. "I know," I said.