Chapter 18: Part 1

So, what should happen now? I'm not quite sure what SHOULD happen. Obviously, the council is never going to give up until they find Juliana and Alex, but the question is when? I have some material ready but feedback is always great my lovies! <3 I appreciate all the support, comments, rates, fans, etc. I love you all!!!! =]

******************************************

         A soft touch woke me from my deep sleep. “Juliana… good morning.” I stretched and opened my eyes. Sun filled my room and Alex was sitting on the edge of my bed. I sat up abruptly.

          “Where’s Jeremy?!” I yelled.

“He’s downstairs eating breakfast. What’s wrong?” Alex took my hand as I closed my eyes in relief.

          “I kept thinking about how he had that dream last night. What if someone had taken him? I can’t think about that though. We’re safe here. No one knows I live here.” I took a deep breath.

          “Good. You’re right. Now, get dressed.” Alex got up and headed to the door.

          “What?” I looked at him in confusion. What was he talking about? We weren’t going anywhere. “Why do I have to get dressed now?”

          “Juliana, I decided that I want you to go back to school. We’re in Vermont, you know, where you go to school. So, I talked to your dad a lot this morning and we agreed that you could go to school.”

          “What about you? What are you and Valerie and Chase going to do all day?” I got up and started to make my bed.

          “Valerie and Chase have plenty of work to do that they can do here. And I’m going to school with you. I already called to enroll.” He left the room, leaving me alone.

          “Okay then.” I said to no one. I took out my school uniform and got dressed. At least we didn’t have those annoyingly high skirts. They were lower and we didn’t have to wear itchy socks either.

          I happily skipped down stairs to the kitchen. I ran right into my father’s chest. He caught me and I looked into his apologetic eyes.

          “Juliana, I’m sorry. I’m very sorry for treating you like that yesterday. That’s no way to treat my daughter that I haven’t seen for months.”

          “It’s okay Daddy. I know you were just worried about me, a lot.” He gave a ‘you have no idea’ look and hugged me.

          I ate cereal for breakfast and when I was done I brushed my teeth. I haven’t had a fang incident since that night when we landed at JFK airport.

          “Ready?” Alex asked when I came out of the bathroom. “Sure am, babe.” I said bubbly. I said goodbye to Jeremy and my dad.

          Alex opened the front door for me and I stepped outside. It felt so strange to be going to school. I noticed that Alex didn’t have a uniform. He was wearing dark jeans, a blue t-shirt, and Vans. (Very classy!)

          We walked to school with our fingers intertwined. I showed him where my friend’s houses were and couldn’t wait to see them. My school was a boarding school but I didn’t live there because it was so close to my house.

          “There it is!” I shouted and pointed to the massive three floor building. I jumped up and down and pulled Alex along.

          “Slow down!” He yelled with a laugh. I slowed my pace a little and we walked to the main office.