Chapter Sixteen

"I... I wanna go." She says, nodding her head in certainty. She sat up, the shirt stretching tightly over her stomach.
"Great. That's all. Bye Meghan, and I'm sorry for your loss." Britton says. She nods and quickly drives back to the apartment.
"Honey, I'm home." She calls, dragging out her 'o'. Charlie emerges from the bedroom and she runs to him, flinging herself up into his arms.
"Babe, what's up?" He asks laughing and kissing her cheek softly.
"I'm going on tour with you and opening!" His eyes widen in excitement.
"That's great Oh my God." He says, setting her on the ground softly. She nods eagerly. His eyes travel over her body, noticing the way her curves have intensified since she's been pregnant, her hips set further apart, her chest fuller. She tilts his chin up.
"Char, I'm hungry." She whispers seductively, biting her lower lip. He sighs in frustration and pulls out his phone, ordering a pizza. She smiles at him and he pulls her in for a kiss, biting her lower lip, causing her to groan and curve against his body. He smiles and slides his tongue over hers. The doorbell rings and he pays for the pizza. They sit on the couch and fall asleep cuddling, both of their hands over her stomach. Charlie could not stop staring at the natural curvature of Meghan. He was drinking in her every detail as she stood, folding the laundry.
"Mr. Puth, my eyes are up here." She teases, laughing at his blush. He comes up behind her, wrapping his arms delicately around her and grabbing a shirt of his to fold. She smiles and he kisses the back of her head, the fresh scent of her hair filling his nose. She smells like vanilla and roses. He grabs a plain black tee shirt and some baggy jeans. He changes in the bedroom, grabbing his wide rimmed black hat and setting it on his head. His shirt is tight, showing off his abs. Her eyes are glued to his chest, wishing he wouldn't wear that shirt.
"Meghan?" He asks.
"Hmm, yeah." She says, returning her attention to folding the clothes. He licks his lips, turning her around and pressing a hard kiss to her neck.
"I'll be back in an hour." He whispers, flicking his tongue over her jaw quickly, then leaving. Meghan drops the article of clothing she was folding and sits on the edge of the couch, his taste very much still present on her lips. She shakes her head and continues folding. She finishes just as Charlie comes back. He wraps his arms around her and picks her up. Without thinking she wraps her legs around her waist, as if it's become part of her daily routine. Wrap legs around Charlie. He sets her on the kitchen counter, their hips level. Her hair is still wet from her earlier shower, but now also with sweat from the housework. He pushes a strand of damp hair behind her ear. She looks at him,
the ghost of a smile painted on her lips. He smiles back at her and wraps his arms around her waist. She holds onto the base of his neck and sits up straight, roping him into her and planting gentle kisses along his jaw. He kisses the top of her ear and she shivers under his touch. And in that moment they both realized how hard they'd fallen for each other. As his hands flanked her hips as they grinded together and she pulled his hair to get him to eliminate the space between them, the mental link passed between them. Making them realize that this was their little moment. Charlie looked at Meghan, and realized he had never seen something more beautiful than the angel sitting in front of him, and it was highly unlikely he would. And Meghan realized Charlie was the only thing keeping her pieces together. And the baby, that solidified earlier knowledge of their little nothingness. This moment was their nothing. And they wanted it to last forever.

They lay beside each other on the bed, grinning from ear to ear at their moment before. "Charlie?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm really excited about the tour."
"Me too. It's gonna be fun."
"Ugh!" She groaned suddenly.
"What's up?" He asked, panicking slightly.
"I just realized that your tour bus is gonna be crazy loud because you're all boys."
"Nah, I'll tell them to keep it down. For you."
"Thanks, Char."
"Eh, what am I here for?" They shared a smile before Meghan's eyes slowly drifted shut. "Night Meghan." Charlie muttered, pressing a kiss against her forehead. Charlie then yawned and fell asleep himself.

"Char, when do we go on tour again?" Meghan asked curiously.
"Erm, 4 weeks I think."
"We need a house." She said pointedly, taking a large bite out of her cream cheese bagel.
"Oh shit!" Meghan laughed, nearly spitting out her food in the process. "I totally forgot about that!"
"Yeah... what's our budget?"
"Umm..."
"Umm... what?"
"C'mere."
"Why?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. He smirked.
"Just... follow me." He grinned, taking a very suspicious Meghan by the hand and leading her to the car.
"Where are we going Charlie?"
"You'll see." He smiled coyly.
"Charlie!" She whined.
"Meghan!" He chuckled as he started driving. The suddenly after about half an hour Charlie stopped in the middle of nowhere.
"Charlie, where are we?"
"Put this on." He grinned.
"No, no, no, no, no and did I mention, no?!"
"Well then we're not going anywhere."
"Charlie, why do I have to where a blindfold?"
"Oh quit complaining."
"No." Charlie raised his eyebrows. "Ugh fine." Charlie drove for another five minutes before stopping and helping Meghan out of the car.
"Here we are." He spoke, slowly sliding the blindfold off of Meghan's eyes from behind.
"Charlie!" She gasped. "It's perfect."

A/N: ;)