Chapter Six

It was a few days later and Meghan had finally eaten. She finally agreed to eat when she almost passed out. She just ate a sandwich. So far though, she hadn't taken any of her required medication.

"Hey Meg." It was her mom, shaking her awake gently. "Hey sweetie, Ryan just told me."
"Told you what?" She asked weakly, yawning.
"The pills." Meghan shifted in her seat. "You haven't been taking them have you?" Meghan just looked down ashamed and silent tears slipped fast down her face. "Meghan?"
"No." She whispered, her voice raw.
"Meghan." She sighed. "You need to take them."
"Why?" Kelli huffed a little. "I'm serious. Why should I take the pills if, if Charlie dies I'm just going to abort it?!"
"Yeah. I get that... you've told me before. But, Meghan what if Charlie lives? Hmm? What if he lives and your baby dies because you didn't do enough to save it? You really think Charlie will just let that go?" Meghan gulped. She knew her mom was right even if she didn't want to admit it. Meghan just allowed a single sob to escape her. "Oh honey." Her mom wrapped her arms around her and Meghan buried her head in her shoulder and just cried, until she cried herself to sleep.

Meghan's mom lay her back on the chair and exited the room. "Hey Ryan."
"She's in bad shape mom, I'm scared." His voice broke and Kelli's heart shattered.
"I know Ry, I know. But, we've gotta be strong, for her. For Charlie. And for that kid she's got in there with her, she says she'll get rid of it, but she won't. She'll need help with that, the kid and we will, help her." Ryan nodded, a few tears falling. She wiped them away. "We've got to be strong. For her Ry." He nodded. "I'm gonna go find your dad. Stay here in case she wakes up."

Meghan did wake up. But Ryan had fallen asleep. Everyone was on edge really, nobody slept or ate much. She sighed and grabbed Charlie's hand again. "You're an idiot for doing this to me you know?" She whispered, not wanting to wake her brother. "If you die I'll kill you."

She had arrived home crying her eyes out, Ryan had thought it best to leave her, that she'd come out to get something to eat. When she still hadn't emerged from her room the next morning he went to go check up on her. She was lay in the middle of the floor, clutching one of Charlie's shirts to her chest. She had tear stains down her cheeks, evidently where salty tears had fallen. Ryan felt his heart break slightly for her. She'd obviously had her first fight with Charlie. He shook her awake gently. "Charlie?" She mumbled, not yet awake. "Oh."
"Just Ryan.. you alright?" She nodded and sighed. "You hungry?"
"Yeah..."
"Let's go get food then." He then guided her to the kitchen where he made her cereal. He would make her pancakes, but he knew Charlie made her pancakes and right now... being reminded of him wouldn't be Ryan's greatest idea. So cereal it was.
Meghan's phone rang not too long after and the name Charlie flashed across the screen. Ryan's hand unconsciously balled up into a fist. Meghan shot him a glare.
"Hello?"
"Hey Meg I just- Joey's. 2pm." (A/N: If you haven't read my stories, Joey's is Meghan's favorite cafe :D)
"Umm, okay?" She spoke uncertainly and then the line was dead. Meghan shrugged. "2, that's 3 hours away. I'll have a shower soon."
They had met at Joey's and made up. They paid the bill and left. Outside, he wiped a stray strand of blonde hair away from her face and cupped her face in his hands.
"You're an idiot, you know that right?" He nodded and grinned. He leaned to kiss her and they both heard a camera flash, but they didn't care. They didn't care who saw, they were happy. "I could kill you." They chuckled.
"I love you too." He rolled his eyes and pressed another kiss against her lips.

She sighed as a few tears slid down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away as Ryan shot awake next to her.
"How's he doing." He asks.
"I think he's good." Meghan answered. He hoped his sister would answer the same, but he knew 'good' for Meghan was a long way off. A looooong way off. So he did ask. Her eyes we're bloodshot and she was weak. She finally started taking the pills. She let out a weak, pathetic sound; a sigh mixed with a cry. He rubbed her back.
"Meg, go home, shower. Get some rest. Eat something for god sakes. You need the little one to be healthy, Charlie is gonna wake up." He says, her dark circles making her eyes look sunken. She sighs.
"Okay. Call me." She turns to Charlie, pushes his hair out of his face to kiss his forehead, then leaves.

She was at her house and relaxing in the bath. She turned off all thoughts and sunk into the soapy water, letting out a slight breath. She was finally relaxed. Maybe an hour later she was asleep, and not hearing the calls, texts and voicemails on her phone.

She woke up the next morning and answered her phone.
"It's Charlie." That was all she needed and she was gone.

When she arrived at the hospital even Ryan was balling. Mikaela came up to her and gave her a teary hug. Meghan gulped. "What's going on?"
"Charlie flatlined overnight, his cerebral cortex was damaged from the lack of blood reaching the brain. We've got him on life support, but there is pretty much no chance he'll wake up, we need the immediate family's decision but, they insisted on you being here." The doctor explained.

Meghan just collapsed on the floor.

A/N: Oh wow. Sad, poor Charlie. Poor Meghan! I hope you'll be looking for the next chapter.