Chapter Nine

That night everyone went home not having to worry about losing someone they loved. All except for Meghan. She stayed by his side every second. Her stomach was starting to show, a side effect of being over one month pregnant. She was now taking the medication regularly. She was sitting in the chair next to Charlie, holding his hand and looking down at her stomach. She yawned and rested her forehead on the metal bed railing. She feels Charlie's fingers bury themselves in her hair and she looked up. He shifted slightly to the side.
"Come on." He patted the empty space next to him. She carefully climbed next to him without a word. She snaked her arm around the back of his neck, curling it up at the elbow and running her fingers through his hair. She draped her other arm across his torso carefully and scooted closer. He laced his fingers together around her waist and kissed her forehead. They stared at each other for a long time, his hands unlacing and one moving to her stomach, the other to the small of her back. She let her hand slide over his and smiled to herself.
"Charlie?"
"Yes."
"Your my rock." She mumbles and falls asleep. He smiles and watches her peaceful face as she sleeps. She was his and nobody could take her away. He drifted off too, their hands over their unborn child. His family came to visit the next morning, speaking in quiet voices as not to wake the sleeping Meghan. Their hands we're still protecting their baby, even as they slept. Meghan woke before Charlie and her stomach tumbled inside her. She soundlessly climbed out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. She rinses her mouth and went back to Charlie. Morning sickness.
"Thats good right? That never happened with the other baby." Meghan said, the corners of her mouth tugging into a sad frown. It still hurt to think about. He tilted her face up to meet his.
"Hey, stop, it's gonna be okay,we have this little One now." He says, touching her stomach lightly. She nods, a single sob escaping her. That breaks his heart. He pulls her into a hug and she cries into his shoulder until she falls asleep. Ryan walks in with Chinese food. She looks up and her sobs are replaced with smiles.
"YOU REMEMBERED!" she yelps as her brother sets the takeout container full of chow mein and orange chicken from panda express down on her lap. She always craved Chinese food when she was pregnant. Until they lost it.
"Just came to check on you guys. Mom and dad are leaving tomorrow night." Ryan explains. Meghan nods.
"Tell them to stop by."
"I already did."
"Thanks bro." Meghan says as Ryan leaves. Meghan finishes.
"Meg?" Charlie asks. She turns to face him and he pulls her face closer, kissing her passionately. She smiles into the kiss. Mikalea is watching them from the doorway, so she steps into the hallway until she hears Meghan giggle.
"Hey guys!" She greets, sitting in the chair next to the bed.
"Hey!" Meghan laughs as Charlie kisses her again. Mikaela clears her throat because they forget she is there. Charlie pulls away, biting Meghan's lip in the process.
"Ouch! Charlie bit me." She laughs and tries to get the taste of blood out of her mouth. Charlie smiles at her admiringly. Her laugh is like a choir of angels.
"Sorry." He says, his voice still slightly hoarse. She smiles and blushes slightly.
"Hey, how's this one doing?" Mikaela asks, nodding her head in the direction of Meghan's small bubble of a stomach. Meghan looks down at it and rubs it affectionately.
"Its good. I'm pretty sure it's a girl." Meghan says, and starts explaining her dream

Charlie chases a little girl, her golden hair flying behind her and glinting in the sun, her white and pink dress whipping in the breeze. Meghan squeals in laughter as Charlie tackles her to the soft grass, her loose, flowey, light pink dress billowing around her. The little girl crawls into her lap, staring up at her with vivid green eyes filled with curiosity, a copy of her mothers. Meghan looks to Charlie and pulls him into a light kiss filled with passion.
"Your my rock." She whispers.
"Mommy, what does that mean?"
"It means I love you!" Meghan says, kissing her daughters forehead lightly, pushing her straight golden hair out of her face and setting the Daisy chain she was working on on top of her head.

"I'm positive it's a girl." Meghan says with a nod of finality. Charlie lays his head in Meghan's lap and watches her face as she talks. She puts her hands on her stomach, unimaginable love for their unborn baby coursing through both of them. Mikaela leaves a few hours later and Meghan And Charlie snuggle up. Meghan's back is pressed into his chest and his hands are wrapped around her, resting on either side of her stomach. She rests her hands on top of his, locking their fingers. The next morning, Charlie wakes up before Meghan, but doesn't move. He is enjoying the feeling of the intimacy filling the space between them. Kelli pokes her head in.
"Come in." Charlie says softly. Kelli walks over to the bed and looks at her sleeping daughters peaceful face.
"How are you doing?" She asks him.
"I'm good."
"That's good. Look, our flight got moved up and I don't wanna wake Meghan, will you give these to her?" Kelli asks, setting a bottle of prenatle vitamins on the table beside the bed.
"Sure. Hey, can I ask you something?"
"Anything."
"Well, Meghan said she's positive it's a girl. She said she had a dream where we were all together and we had a daughter." Charlie says, unsure.
"Ah," Kelli says, "Yes. She's probably right."
"Oh, okay. Have a safe flight." Charlie says.
"Thank you, feel better, Charlie." Kelli says.
"Thanks."
"Oh don't worry, I'll be back soon enough for something baby related. Treat her right, okay?"
"Don't worry, I will." He says, looking at her. She nods and leaves the room. They are their own little family, that's all he needs to ensure that Meghan and this baby have everything they need. He doesn't want to lose them. Meghan jolts awake, almost hitting him.
"Charlie. Something is wrong with the baby!" She sobs.

A/n: BETTER WHEN IM DANCIN IS OUT TODAY SLVKKSNVKKSNG