Chapter 19: All My Fault

Start from the beginning

His yellow-green eyes stared at me. Memories of when he first proved he was a werewolf. Back when things weren't as complicated.

Now it's my turn to shift. I started telling myself to shift. Suddenly my bones started cracking and breaking, reforming themselves.

It wasn't as excruciating as before, but it was still pretty painful.

Once I finished shifting, I walk over to Zach. His eyes scanned my body. His eyes started becoming a little foggy.

"You look pretty sexy as a wolf." He mind-linked me.

I felt blood rise to my cheeks. If I wasn't in wolf form, I bet my cheeks would be as red as a clown's nose.

"Pervert." I muttered through mind-link. He gave me a sheepish grin. "Stop getting distracted. We could die! Now get us out of here!"

He rolled his eyes at me. He backed up and ran into the door, knocking it down.

We both ran outbid the room and down the hall. You could hear wolves growling and barking. Thinks breaking and crashing rang throughout the hallway.

When we got to the door, he bursted it open. My eyes widened at the scene.

Wolves were fighting everywhere. People from our pack were fighting the rogues.

I spotted Evelyn fighting a grey wolf. She but down on their neck, causing them to stumble to the ground.

I turned to look at Zach. He had the same look I did.

Two wolves appeared in front of us. One laughed at Zach, but he started fighting back.

The other one stared at me, growling menacingly. In a flash they jumped at me, knocking me over.

Thy started nipping at me. They tried biting my neck, but kept missing since I was moving my head around.

I kicked them off of me with my two back legs. They fell off and landed on the floor.

They quickly got up, growling. They lunged at me again, but this time I quickly dodged it and kicked them in the face.

They fell over in pain. I quickly backed away to go find Zach. I scanned the room, but it was way too hard to see him.

My eyes landed on a small pup. He was getting surrounded. My eyes widened and I ran over to them.

Right when a dark brown wolf was about to attack, I jumped in front of him, blocking the pup.

"Stop!" I yelled.

He froze in his spot and his amber orbs widened in realization. "Rachel!?" I heard a familiar voice, mind-link me.

I narrowed my eyes at the wolf in front of me. "No, I am not Rachel, but my voice sounds exactly like hers. Now leave this poor pup alone." I mind-link back.

"Listen Rachel, it's me Jack. And he is one of them.",

"Look Jack, I know he is one of them, but most of them aren't even bad."

I looked over at the pup and gave him a small smile. The pup walked up to me and nuzzled my neck with their head.

"See." I mind-link Jack again.

"I must admit that you're right. But he's just a kid." He replied.

I sent him a growl. "Shut up! How would you know? You weren't stuck here like I was! Look at some of them."

We both turned our head towards the other wolves. Some of them whimpered. The most the mothers dying and their children cried. Some of them even tried escaping so that they could hide.

"We're monsters. We're turning into them. We're killing innocent creatures Jack. Don't you see?" I whispered.

His face softened. "You're right." he responded. And walked up and my and planted a kiss on my cheek. "Evie and I were so worried about you and Zach."

"Where's Zach?" I asked, looking around for his huge black wolf.

"I don't know." his voice was filled with worry.

I left Jack to go look around. We need to leave before things get worse.

I finally spotted Zach. He was surrounded by wolves. They were the who were with the "alpha" when they kidnapped him.

They all lunged at him all at once. They pulled on top of him. I quickly thought of something.

Before I could even think about my actions, I ran over to the pile and bit on one of their tails.

He yelled and snapped his head towards me. All of them copied his action. He let out a low growl. Since they all were distracted, Zach got up. Now it was his turn to attack.

Both of us started fighting them, together. Once they were all down, we both looked at each other.

"We have to leave." I mind-link him.

"Yes. I know. But I have to find Xavier. Do that I could kill him." His voice was angry.

"No! I can't risk losing you!" I cried.

He looked at my with a sympathetic look. He walked up to me and nuzzled my face. "I'm going to be fine. Plus, there's going to be some things I'm going to be looking forward to after this!"

I knew exactly what he meant by that. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Then I'm coming with you." I said stubbornly.

He immediately pulled away from me and growled. "No! You can't!" He shouted.

He turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

Any sane person would've listened. But being the stupid and stubborn girl I am, I just had to follow.

I snuck behind him. When I noticed he stopped, I looked forward. In front of him stood Xavier.

His eyes wandered over to me. He growled and showed his sharp teeth. He attempted to go forward but Zach had a mind of his own.

He jumped at him, tackling him to the ground. He bit down on Xavier's shoulder. Blood oozed out from the bite, but that didn't stop him.

He kicked Zach in the face, then in the stomach. He fell on the floor with a loud thud.

Then he walked up to me. Zach's head snapped towards me. He shot up and pushed Xavier with his head.

His eyes darkened. His face was inches from mine and he growled really loudly.

"I told you NO!!!" He barked. "Why do you have to be so stupid?!"

Even tough I was terrified, I didn't want to show it.

"You're not the boss of me. I don't care if you're my mate, you can't tell me what to do." I spat.

He growled at me again. "Do you want a death wish, Rachel? Even though you want to die, I won't allow it. I can't permit it!"

He looked at me with say eyes. I tried looking away from his yellow-green orbs.

After a few seconds, I looked down at the floor, ashamed of what I did.

I heard a loud whimper, making my head shoot up. Zach was lying on the ground and Xavier had his teeth dug into Zach's flesh.

My heart beat quickened. A pain shot in my chest. Zach is in trouble.

And it's all my fault.