Chapter 10: First Shift

Hey guys, I just wanted to let out a warning. This chapter has a bit of cursing in it. I try to limit the cursing in the other chapters, I just felt like it would be a bit more exciting in this certain chapter. Well anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Later!!!!!

****

*Rachel's POV*

I stood there, taking everything in. What the hell is a mate? I have no damn idea what a mate is?

"What the hell? What is a mate!?" I shouted.

Angry? Maybe. Scared? Oh hell to the yes.

"A mate is what shifters call their soul mate of soul mates in plural. Both mates would want to protect each other until the end and they are (mostly the males) extremely possessive."

"The alphas of a pack are going to be even more possesive of their mate and even more protective than a normal mate. They love each other and they can't stand to be away from each other. But it'll all increase when the are fully mated....you know they mark each other and they um...mate."

"They will be able to hear each other's thoughts but they can master the mind block. You only get one mate in your life time. Very rarely do you get two. It's a myth but it could happen if you're really special to the moon goddess."

He finally finished. Wow, that's a lot to take in...... I didn't know what to say. How could I be his mate!!!???

"You're able to reject your mate too....."

So I could reject him.....? C'mon Rachel.....don't get yourself involved in this shit.

I felt a raindrop of rain. It started getting harder by the second, but I didn't care. I needed answers.

"So I'm your mate?" I asked, emphasizing 'your'. He nodded.

"But how? I'm not even a werewolf. This is impossible. This is physically not possible. Werewolves are myths. I'm not your mate. You can't have a mate because you're a player. I bet you would reject me on-"

"Who said I'll reject you!" He shouted, cutting me off. His eyes flashed black before returning to its original chocolate color. "And you are a werewolf!"

I quickly shut my mouth. I never noticed when he got closer to me. He grabbed me by the face.

His hair was matted against his face again, water droplets were falling down his face. He had put his pants back on because they came off when he shifted. He was still shirtless, but I didn't care.

His thumbs brushed against my cheeks. Chills were sent through my spine as butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

Why do I feel like this? It's scary! I can't like him.

"I may be a player. But I am not cruel and harsh. I would never hurt you like that! I'm not a terrible person."

I didn't respond. I pushed his hands away and stepped back.

"Stop lying! You're messing with me. You don't care how I feel. All you care about is yourself. I bet you don't even want me as a mate!" I shouted, anger rising through my body.

I could feel my hair sticking to my face as it got wetter and wetter from the rain. My hair was just getting dry from the pool water, but I guess it decided that it wanted to get wet again.

Thunder rolled off in the distance. You could see lightning up in the clouds, but we didn't care. We were in the middle of..... What is this? Are we fighting? A disagreement? I don't care.... All I know is that I don't like it.