Chapter 2 Tugging Match

Picture of Jeramy up above.

Chapter 2 Tugging Match

Max's POV

I bit at a piece of skin on the inside of my mouth as my dad walked towards us "Oh boys what are you still doing here?" He asked. "Well Max was asking us about the internship that just opened up, in our company" Jeramy lied smoothly. Dad walked over to me with an elated smile on his face "and just when I thought there was no hope left in getting you to make a name for your self in a successful line of business." He patted my shoulder with his rough, rigid hand "Since you seem to be interested in the internship, I think you should go for this wonderful opportunity." As He turned around to talk to my mates I caught a whiff of his cologne. I flinched back in surprise at the strong musk invading my nose, but continued to stay silent for the time being.

Dexz spoke up "I think it's a great idea to have him see the hustle and bustle of our company." Reese, Luke, and Jeramy all nodded their heads in agreement.

My eyes widened, unsure of how I got roped into taking an internship at my mates company. Heck, I don't even know what their company does. I look at my fathers face as all of these thoughts spin around in my head just as I'm about to correct the situation, I see a hint of proudness in his eyes. The feeling warms my heart so much that I can't bare to disappoint him, so instead I say "Well if your offering up the position, I would gladly accept."

My lips unintentionally curl into a smile. In return joyful expressions started to appear on the other men's faces, and before I knew it we all stood there smiling like idiots. It was really quite the display, some crooked, some straight, some wide, and some small, but every smile in the room looked to be genuine.

"The spot is yours. It will be nice to have someone with such an infectious smile, to brighten up our work atmosphere" Luke beamed. His smile transformed from a tiny grin into a dazzling smirk the more he talked. It was cute to see him so excited. "So what do you say?" He finally asked. "Sounds great." After we settled that dad left to tend to his flowers.

"When do I start?" I ask.
"I think we should start off by telling you more about this internship" Jeramy offered his input.
"Sounds great, I'll inform him of everything he needs to know" Luke grabbed my hand and started to lead me up the stairs as electric tingles shot through my fingertips, making me shiver at the feeling traveling up my arm. I barely even noticed the tingles last time he touched me, but now I felt them full force.

Dexz rushed up the staircase I was already halfway up, and caught a hold of my hand. A feeling as soft as butterfly wings tickled it's way up my other arm. My shoulders instantly relaxed. "I think I can better explain to him what his" pausing to lick his lips Dexz looked at me heatedly "position, will be." Jeramy glided up the stairs next, leaving Reese standing at the foot of the staircase, alone. Jeramy spread out his hands a shoulder width apart as he stood in front of me. "Come now guys, you know helping the new interns falls under my jurisdiction, so leave it all to me" he smiled his trustworthy smile as he tried, unsuccessfully to pull me out of their grasp.

That's when the tugging match began. Left, forward, backwards, forward, backwards, forward, left, I got jerked in so many different directions that my head was spinning. Jeramy griped my shirt harder as he tried to rip me away from my other two mates, who clung on to my hands just as fiercely.

"Boys!" I heard my dad shout as he walked in to the room "your making quite the ruckus. I could hear you banging around from the garden, for gods sake!" Dexz and Luke dropped my hands making the soft, tingly feeling in my arms disappear. It left me slightly disappointed. Next, Luke released his hold on my shirt before my dad had a chance to notice. "I'm sorry for the noise" I mumbled in embarrassment.
Nervously, I look at my father just in time to see a smile pull at his lips "it's fine son." He replied before directing his attention towards his newest investors.

"I know for fact that Reese is the only one who looked over the notes I gave you guys last week" looking down I see Reese blush " He can tell Max everything He needs to know, while you group of Slackers look over the notes you were suppose to read DAYS AGO" He raised both of his eyebrows as if daring them to question his decision. To my surprise they begrudgingly accepted their punishment.

After saying their goodbyes and giving me numerous longing looks they left, but not before giving Reese a subtle warning glare. As the front door closed my dad took his leave, leaving us standing their all alone. An silence settled over us, just staring into each other's eyes.

I intertwined my hand with His then turned around "Come on" I said, tugging lightly on His hand. He hesitatingly followed me up the stairs. I led Him into my bedroom and untangled our hands, but the warmth didn't disappear. The tiny jolts of warm fuzzy feelings faded the longer my hand was away from his. My hand suddenly felt empty. I was tempted to once again reach for His hand, instead I restrained Myself.

He looked at the floor shyly, unable to make eyes contact. "You've changed" I state. He glances up at me before his eyes wander back to the ground. "What happened to that outgoing guy you were when we first met?" I question "Your suddenly acting so... Shy."

He shrugged his shoulders and whispered "Your just so... Beautiful." We both blushed. Beautiful? Beautiful? Beautiful?? He thinks I'm beautiful?! So that's why He's became so nervous, around Me. How Cute.

Before I realized what I was doing my lips met his in a passionate kiss. Sparks flew.