Silence Speaks

Lauren was stunned to a silence but made no hesitation in bringing a tearful Normani into her arms. "C'mere, God..I am so sorry Mani. I'm sorry baby." Lauren whispered while a few shaky sobs wracked through Normani's frail body as she adorably nuzzled her head right into the sweet comfort of Lauren's neck. "I'm so sorry." Lauren mumbled sadly while she rubbed small circles on her back to soothe her. "Do you want to go inside, and lay down? We shouldn't do this out here." Lauren said hesitantly and although Normani hesitated upon the idea, she knew Lauren was right. So with a small nod they pulled apart and went up to Lauren's room together.

Lauren never said a word and neither did Normani as she took the girl back into her arms as soon as they entered the safeness of her silent room. Lauren guided Normani over to the bed and held her while she cried. Lauren didn't know what she was expecting, but that really wasn't it. Normani, was made to be a sex slave? She wasn't a virgin before, so in a way, she did suppose that it could have been slightly worse for her. She couldn't even begin to imagine what she had been through, an entire weeks worth of horror. Lauren wasn't at all surprised at the tears and cries flowing out from Normani's eyes and mouth. "I love you so much, you know that? No matter what happens to either of us, I'll always be here for you Mani. Always." Lauren kissed the top of her head and rested her chin on it, while rubbing her arm gently to calm her down but it was a near to failing attempt. "And it's okay, you're safe. You're home now, you're with me and I swear, I swear on my life that I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again if I can do something to prevent that. I promise you Normani." Lauren vowed, she knew that Normani wasn't going to speak anytime soon, so their air was filled with silence; apart from the cries escaping her best friends lips unwillingly. Normani reached for Lauren's hand and squeezed it to show she appreciated her sticking by her all this time, and Lauren knew, squeezing her hand right back. "I'm staying right here beautiful, right here." Lauren said with a soft reassuring whisper that only they could have heard. Normani could have let go of her best friends hand by now if she wanted to, but despite the fact she was in her arms, by keeping a hold of it she knew she was there. And she needed to know Lauren was there.

"Lauren," Normani suddenly spoke, it was a more confident tone than before, but by every means still weakened from the horrific emotions she was currently possessing after coming to terms with it all. Everything she had repressed was resurfacing and hell Normani hated it all. "Hm?" Lauren looked down at the girl affectionately, making Normani smile involuntarily at the sentiment. "I love you too." Normani replied gently, Lauren gave a smile of what could only be seen as pure love between friends. "I know, you don't need to say it." Lauren told her and Normani nodded "I know I don't, but sometimes it's good to hear it, you know?" She answered, it was visibly aware that she had accidentally made Lauren upset by her words.

"What's the matter Lauren? Did I say something wrong?" Normani pouted, rubbing her thumb over the back of her hand softly. "No you didn't, in fact it's the opposite, you said the right thing." Lauren answered looking down at her best friend who had a look of concern and adoration in her eyes "What do you mean?" Normani answered her after a short but comfortable silence between them both. "It's just, I don't hear those words a lot and know someone means them. I mean, I know that Dinah says it almost all the time but it's just different in a way. I haven't really known her for all that long so I guess it's not quite the same with her." Normani listened to her words with great focus, she could tell what Lauren was telling her was important to her. "I never realised just how much I had missed hearing those 3 words from someone I know absolutely loves every part of me. Because we've known each other for years and I can tell in everything you say and do. Each moment we ever spend together that you love me, and it doesn't need saying. But after what happened last year," she gulped as her voice was beginning to lace thick with emotion "last year with my family," Lauren continued, she wasn't looking at Normani, but she knew she was listening to her intently.