Who am I?

(A/n so this is my first story. I was so bored. And many people haven't updated in a little bit. Just started writing. If it does get read let me know what you think. If not, I guess this story is for me only. This is a same sex story. If that bothers please stop reading here. Thanks. Love you guys)

Unedited

           Growing up with two best friends I always thought my life would be complete and I would never have to go a day being lonely. How wrong can one person be. Let me stop right there and introduce myself. My name is Reagan Fitzpatrick. I am 25 and you can say that I am a billionaire. My family owned over a hundred five star hotels. They past away back when I was 16 and I inherited all the responsibilities of being a hotel owner. Being that young at the time and, of course, having to finish school I let my guardian run them all. I never told anyone back then what I had inherited. I wanted real friends not ones that came wanting the fame of my name or the money that was in my pocket.
The really weird thing is that I shouldn't have been scared to let my two best friends know. My first best friend was Mathew "Matty" Blake. He had been my neighbor forever. Our families were really close friends so it was inevitable for us to become close. When we started first grade we met Mackenzie "Kenzie" Hawthorne. She had just moved to the area after her father got an advancement at his job. Matty and I just clicked with her. From that day forward we were the three musketeers.
Everything in life was great up until I turned 12. I started realizing that Kenzie was breathtakingly beautiful. Before that I never really felt any crushes or attractiveness towards anyone. I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was normal. I hid my feelings well until we turned 15. Kenzie hit another growth spurt and became even more beautiful. Everyone wanted to be with her. We became part of the in crowd just because of her looks.
I did not want to be a part of the crowd. I was always the shy one. Never really speaking out about my feelings. I definitely did not want to be watched and looked upon. There was nothing I could do about it though being friends with Kenzie ensured that. As long as we were best friends, including Matty, I was one of the populars. I realized not too long after that why Kenzie was always on my mind. I thought it was just the best friend thing. I was so wrong. I fell hard for her that year. She was and will forever be my first love.
I wish I can say that I told her how I felt and we got together. I cannot though. That same year Matty fell for her also. We both noticed the way the other acted when Kenzie was around. We ended up telling each other and kind of making a secret bet. The bet was to never tell Kenzie exactly how we felt, but to give signs to see if she could read into them. For a year we did this. Guess what? She never caught on because that is the same year that she started dating. Dated she did. I don't think she was single at all that whole year. Matty and I got really close that year. We were each others shoulder to cry on. Kenzie actually drifted apart from us.
When we were just about to think that it was going to be just Matty and I again, Kenzie always popped back up either heartbroken or just wanting to hang out. Mostly it was heartbroken though. We both were always there for her though. When my 16th birthday hit I finally decide that waiting around on Kenzie to see I was in love with her was never going to happen. I started dating this girl named Charlie. She taught me so much. She had been out of the closet for a few years by then. I was still scared to come out.She kept trying to push me to come out to my parents. I could not do it though. I mean Matty knew, but he was different. He had accepted me for me years ago and had figured it out way before I did. The thought of my parents disowning me weighed heavy on my heart back then.
I should have told them. Three months before my 17th birthday they died in an airplane crash. I wasn't me after that. I regretted so many things. I kind of pushed everyone away. Charlie was the first one I pushed away. I blamed her for so many things. I felt like I had betrayed my parents. They would never know who I truly was. When Kenzie found out she pushed her boyfriend at the time away to be there for me. As much as my heart wanted her, no needed her, I wouldn't let her in. Matty was the closest person to me and I still pushed him away. I felt like I had no one. Let me rephrase that I felt like I needed no one.
Things didn't get any better after that. I inherited all these things that I understood nothing about. All the pressures that my parents once handled weighed heavily on my shoulders. Regret and depression. It took me nearly 4 months to clear my head and start refocusing on life again. Matty by then had won our secret bet. Kenzie had finally noticed his feelings for her and they decided to give a relationship a shot. So not only had I lost my parents during that time, I lost the love of my life and my best friend. They were still there don't get me wrong. Who wants to be a third wheel? Especially feeling jealous and envious of a relationship with your two best friends.
Finally, graduation grew near. I wanted nothing more than to leave the town. We had always said that for college we would all go together. Honestly, at that point in time, I just wanted away from it all. So behind their backs I started filling out for colleges and universities is New York. See that's were the biggest hotel  that I owned was. I figured the quicker I got my degree and already dealing with the day to day business I could jump right in on my responsibilities of being a hotel owner.
Graduation, finally arrived and with that I had to break the news to Matty and Kenzie that I had been accepted into NYU. They were going to UGA together since they were still a couple. They were heartbroken. Can you really blame me for not wanting to go see them all mushy face with one another while I got over a broken heart? I guess when the plans to stick together fell through so did Matty and Kenzie's relationship. The second year I was at NYU, Matty called me up and told me about it. I could not believe it. I mean if I couldn't have Kenzie, then Matty should. That's how I felt by this time. No one else can love her the way either one of us could. He said that the pressure of me being gone and it not being the three musketeers was a big toll on their relationship. I couldn't believe what he was telling me. He told me that Kenzie was so heartbroken that she even quit going to college saying what was the point.
As you can see Matty and I became close again. I told him finally about my inheritance and he said that it did not matter to him. Things started looking up for me after that. Matty, nor I, heard from Kenzie. It was like she disappeared, that was until three weeks ago. Three weeks ago was just a normal day for me. I had been in a business meeting with builders. I was going over plans to build ten more hotels all scattered around the world. The meeting was going good until Matty showed up out of the blue. Let's just say Matty never came to see me during working hours so I knew something was up. I apologized for leaving the meeting. Postponing it until a later date.
           Matty and I walked to my office were he proceeded to tell me that he had just received a wedding invitation. I asked him what was so important about it that he had to interrupt a meeting for. He looked out the window of my office and said one word. "Mackenzie". My whole world started to spin at that point. If I hadn't of sat down on my chair I would have passed out I do believe. Matty and I decided that,even though, we both did not want to see Kenzie walking down the aisle towards someone that wasn't either one of us; that we would go. She was our best friend and will always hold that special place in our hearts making us the three musketeers. Matty and I are currently in route back to Georgia on my private jet. I just hope that when we get there that everything goes smoothly and I can finally let go of my first love.