"So I'm not fired?" I asked just to make sure.

"No, and he doesn't care if we start to date," Andrew said and I sighed. Mr. Taylor said he'll leave us alone now.

"Andrew, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship," I confessed. Even though it's been 7 years since I've dated, I don't think that I'm ready. For the past seven years it's been, work and Calayah. And I had to explain that to Andrew.

"Okay and I get that! But maybe you need to try something else. It's can't just be work and Calayah, what about you? Don't you think that you deserve happiness?" He made a good point but I can't right now.

"How about this: you help me carry my things to my new office and then we'll talk," I smiled at him and he chuckled.

Andrew

We just finished unpacking Camille's things into her new office which is twice the space of her old one. She's prancing around with joy right now.

"So I'll take you to lunch and then we'll talk?" I asked and she groaned.

"I can't for lunch. I have to meet my mom for lunch, she said it's important," Camille finally sat down. She has a sofa in her office and she loves it.

"That's okay. How about I invite you over for dinner?"

"Tonight? What about Calayah-"

"When I said you, I really meant her. I like her better than you actually, she's like my BFF!" I imitated Calayah from yesterday after the movie.

"Ha! Whatever! You can keep her," Camille laughed making me laugh. She has the nastiest laugh but it makes me laugh and I'm starting to think that it's so cute.

"Maybe not that much," I joked and we laughed. I sat down next to her and we both just stared at the room without saying a word. But it didn't seem awkward to me at all, I actually like it.

"I need to start heading to my mothers house," Camille got up and took up her purse. I stood up and walked out with her.

***

Camille

"Hey mom," my sister and I said as we walked through the front door. My mom looked worried and that made me anxious.

I heard the downstairs bathroom sink turn on and I raised an eyebrow. The door opened and out walked a tall, dark man in jeans and a tshirt. His facial features looked familiar and the way he walks does too.

"Camille?" He questioned and then looked at Lauren. And now I instantly knew who this man is.

This man is Craig Summers, my father. My real father. We entered the foster care system because he was arrested for attempted murder and our mother was unfit.

The charge he got shouldn't have been attempted murder. He shouldn't have gotten a charge just for protecting his child from my mothers crack head ways.

Lauren, at the time, was meeting the man who my mother claims is her father. I don't know why she didn't just live with him instead of becoming a foster child but she was stuck to my hip like glue. She still talks to the man, unlike me. Anytime I tried to visit he'd tell the guards that he doesn't want to see me and that I shouldn't come back.

"Daddy?" I took some steps closer and then paused. I should be angry! He didn't want to see me and he never wrote. Nonetheless I hugged him and didn't let go. This man was everything to me and I've missed him!

Tears rolled down my face and my body began to tremble with the sob that is about to escape from my mouth.

"It's okay," he rubbed my back. He started rocking me like he did when I was a kid, whenever I would cry.