Chapter 28

Sam's POV

I reeled my elbow back and into the persons nose, the crack oddly satisfying. I gripped their hair and kneed their head, blood splashing out of the skull onto my jeans.

I looked down as it seemed time stopped. We were having a war. Lola was handling a vampire, Damon snapping necks, and Stefan doing the same as Lola. It wasn't just us, but that's what it seemed like.

As their people began to die off, the blonde herself came out, speeding towards me. My instincts kicked in. I ducked, using my elbow to hit her lower gut. She let out a growl as I threw her off me.

She pulled out a needle, grabbing me by the hair and pulled my back against her. She injected the liquid inside me, my muscles instantly going limp and useless. She pulled out a stake, pressing it against my chest.

I'm going to die.

| Lola |

His skull busted open. Blood. Brain. Death.

I reeled back and saw Sam. Life flashing before her eyes as tears brimmed them, her lips quivering and gripping her shirt.

I ran over, then a impact slammed me against a tree. Klaus. He gripped my hair, sniffing my neck, then slamming my head against a tree.

I layed limp, reaching out to Sam as the stake drove through her chest and her breathes slowed to a stop.

| Sam |

I found my sister, why me? I have to watch over her. Her wedding. Children. My life.

I was suppose to keep her safe from Klaus.

Damon. Oh, Damon. His eyes. Smirk. His everything.

" Damon!" I giggled, feeling his arms wrap around my waist from behind.

" I love you." He sang against my ear.

Oh, Damon, how simple we were.

Darkness. Depression. Stefan. Lola. Damon. Everyone. Bourbon. Humanity.

Then, as quick as life came, it disappeared from my reach, my grasp.