Chapter 7

Friday Night
Elena's House, Her Room

" You aren't ever scared that they might turn you?" Bonnie asked as I shook my head.

" I trust them, and you should too," I said as Caroline came in with a bowl of popcorn, sitting down as Bonnie sat awkwardly.

" You know, I would have gladly taken that necklace back," Caroline said as Bonnie looked up. Bonnie had gotten a old necklace that Caroline gave her.

" I don't have it, I threw it in some field." Bonnie argued, looking over at Elena.

" Yeah, I saw her," Elena added " On our way." Caroline sighed.

" Anyone have a manicure kit?" She asked and got up.

" It's in my bag." Bonnie piped up, as Caroline walked to her bag, searching through.

" Bonnie, your such a liar!" Caroline spat and held up the brownened gold necklace.

" Caroline, I threw it out!" Bonnie shivered  getting up and walking over.

" So, it magically appears in your bag again?" Caroline asked sarcastically as I went over, taking the necklace and holding it up.

" Who's necklace was this?" I asked, looking up.

" A very powerful witch, Emily," Bonnie said " An Ancestor." She added.

" I've seen this before," I said " In a book." I spun it in the sun as Caroline snatched it from my fingers.

" Well, shouldn't we figure out why this Emily needs Bonnie's help?" Caroline asked as I slightly nodded, Elena went to her kitchen and brought back candles, lighting them and setting the necklace in the middle.

" Emily? Are you here?" Bonnie asked and Caroline snickered.

" Really? ' Emily are you there?' Try something...better," Caroline complained as Bonnie huffed out what seemed like her last nerve.

" Emily, are you in presence?" Bonnie askednas the flames lit higher, everyone exchanging unsteady glances.

" Can you give us a sign?" Bonnie asked another question, all the candles blew out, leaving the room suffocated by the dark.

" Bonnie?! Elena?! Caroline?!" I yelled and tried to reach out to anyone.

Then, as if magic, the lights went on. I turned and saw Elena by the switch.

" Got it." She said and walked over to us.

" Where's the necklace?" Bonnie looked around, then at Caroline.

" Caroline," She started " Hand over the necklace." She ordered and put her hand out.

" I don't have it!" She said and put her hands out. " I swear." She had an expression of terror on her face, like if you had been chased by a murderer.

" Look around for it." Bonnie begged and began looking around Elena's room, under her bed, closet, everywhere.

" Its not in here." I huffed out, sitting against a wall and staring at Bonnie.

" Maybe, its in some other part of the house," She said and nodded, as if trying to convince herself.

She walked in the bathroom, as Elena and I looked in her room some more, Caroline down the hall.

" Here it i-" Bonnie was cut off by the door slamming and her screams screeching around the house.

" Bonnie!" I yelled and slammed my fists on the door, as did Elena and Caroline.

" Check the hallway door!" Elena commanded, Caroline running to the hallway and trying to open the door. But, as if nothing happened, Bonnie came out and smiled.

" Are..you okay?" I asked, placing a hand on her shoulder and she nodded, walking past us.

" I have a bad feeling."