I decided to walk to the park around the corner and just chill on the swings for a bit. I grabbed my red beats by Dr.Dre and headed out the door. I never really liked being in the house for long periods of time so it wasn't unusual for me to be wandering around in the streets. I was walking down this little dirt road behind our house, it was a short cut and it was peaceful. I had "Do My Dance" by Tyga blasting through my beats. I didn't care if anyone heard because that was my song right there; the bass hit my ears so loud I could actually feel it.

I got to the park and there was no one there. I smiled to myself when I walked up to the worn down swing. I sat down and pulled out my phone and began to play cube runner.

I was there for a few minutes, all into the game until I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I paused the music and looked up.

It was that guy from earlier today. My heart literally just skipped a beat.

"Hey." He said. His voice was so smooth, so husky, so sexy, and deep. It gave me the chills, but I didn't mind at all.

"Hey." I said sounding a little hoarse. Why did I have to sound so hoarse right now? I quickly tried to clear my throat without him noticing.

"What's up Ma? What are you doin' alone?"

"Nothin' much, You?" I said trying to refrain myself from sounding shy even though I was so far from not being shy at this point.

"Walkin' around just gettin' to know the hood. I'm Lexis." How his name seemed to roll off his tongue gave me that butterfly feeling in my stomach.

"Chanelle."

"You're mad cute Ma." He said as he quickly bit his lip.

"You don't look half bad yourself." I quickly eyed him from head to toe and he was very fine.

"That's how I do." He said with a laugh.

I couldn't help but join him in his laugh. He finally took a seat on the swing that was next to me.

"So you're new to Oakland?" I asked trying to avoid any kind of awkward silences. I wanted to keep him talking just so I could hear that voice of his. He clearly had a little bit of a Spanish accent that laced beautifully with the way words rolled off his tongue.

"Nah, I'm from the other side. Just moved here about a couple weeks ago."

"Oh, that's cool."

We sat there for what seemed like hours just talking about ourselves, getting to know each other a little bit. It started to get kinda dark out and I was getting pretty cold. I wasn't expecting to get caught up with talking to anybody so I didn't think to bring a jacket.

"Yeah, look I gotta go, but can I get your number?" He asked flashing me a calming smile after he looked up from his phone.

"Sure." He handed me his phone and I put my number in under 'Nelle' and even added a little heart emoticon just for the hell of it.

"I'll text you later Ma." He said winking and flashing a smile at me before leaving.

I couldn't believe I just gave a stranger my number, well he wasn't exactly a complete stranger but he wasn't exactly a friend either. I highly doubt he would text me anyways so I guess it really doesn't even matter. I walked back home to find Jay's car gone. Looks like I was having the house to myself for the night. I was going to have Riley over, but she said she was too tired to drive herself over. I went upstairs and changed into some yoga pants and a tank top. I went back downstairs and sat on the couch watching "The Boondocks" I absolutely love that show.

About an hour had passed and I was snuggled up on the couch still caught up in my show until I felt my phone vibrate. I picked up my phone and saw it was a text from a number I wasn't familiar with.

8-9-13 -7:25 p.m. -[Unknown Number]: Hey Ma(;
8-9-13 -7:26 p.m. -Me: Lexis?
8-9-13 -7:27 p.m. -[Unknown Number]: that's my name
8-9-13 -7:28 p.m. -Me: oh! Hey! What's up?
8-9-13 -7:29 p.m. -Lexis: Nun, bored af, wanna hang?
8-9-13 -7:30 p.m. -Me: sure where at?
8-9-13 -7:31 p.m. -Lexis: I'm walkin around, meet me at the park?
8-9-13 -7:32 p.m. -Me: We were just at the park!
8-9-13 -7:33 p.m. -Lexis: Yeah I know lol but still we can meet up and walk around together since I still don't know this side of town really well. I only know about the park
8-9-13 -7:34 p.m. -Me: alright fine I'll be there in a few
8-9-13 -7:35 p.m. -Lexis: cool :)

I ran upstairs and quickly threw on my red life guard sweatshirt and my white vans before I went back downstairs and paused the TV. Next thing I knew I was out the door. It was kinda funny to me, how I just left the park because it was getting late and yet I'm going back out again? Oh well I get to hang with Lexis on the bright side.