Chapter 7

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 7

~August 20th~

~Tuesday~

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

Summer went by way too fast for anybody's liking. It was now the night before school started. Mom was still with my Grandma while Jay and BV were still in Chicago. As far as Riley...She was fine. She ended up calling Ryan and he came and took her to his house. Things may have happened... Anyways Lexis and I have grown much closer as each day went by.

Our relationship reminds me a little bit like "Romeo and Juliet"- Well in the sense of how fast things seem to be moving. We met one day and then ended up together after just a few days. Seems crazy but I guess that's just how love and relationships work sometimes.

It was around 9:00 in the evening so I decided to just go to bed. I set my alarm for 5:00, I wanted to make sure I had time to look amazing for the first day. I learned that Lexis' friends are also going to my school. So Arlie, Javier, Varo, Lexis and I all decided to just go to school in the same car. Riley never answered me back so she'll probably just get a ride with Ryan.

I changed into my pajamas and made sure to put my phone on the charger before I got into bed. I pulled the blanket up over my shoulder and laid on my side before closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

~August 21st~

~Wednesday~

I heard my alarm go off and that was the last noise I wanted to hear. I let out a groan and silenced my alarm.

I sat up, took a deep breath, rubbed my eyes and slowly got up. I walked to my bathroom and took a long shower. The water was hot but it felt good to feel the water sting my skin. I washed up then got out and did the rest of my hygiene routine. I walked to my closet and just stood there staring. I had no idea what to wear.

After about a good 20 minutes of trying on then taking off outfits I finally found the perfect outfit. I had on some black high waist shorts, my black crop top that said "FADED" in blue, with my black and blue air Jordan 6s. There was a school dress code and I wasn't one to go against it but the school never really enforced the dress code, so most of the girls wore barely anything.

I twirled my hair and put on a black head band to keep the curls all pushed back and out of my face. I put on some light make up and headed downstairs for breakfast. I dug through the cabinets till I found a box of Frosted Flakes.

It was now around 7:40, give or a take a few minutes and I was just chillin' in my living room till I got a text saying they were out front.

I opened the door to find Lexis' black suburban at the curb. I made sure the door was locked before I hopped in the car and was greeted with everyone saying good morning at once. Lexis was looking real good. He had on a black shirt with a red one layered underneath, I'm assuming trues since I heard he has a love for trues and red, black, and white air Jordan 6s as well.

"Good Morning everyone." I said with a smile as I buckled my seatbelt.

"How are you Nelle?" Lexis asked after he gave me a kiss.

"I'm good." Lexis pulled out of my drive way and we were on our way to school.

"How is everyone?" I asked breaking the moment of silence that filled the car.

"We all good homie!" Varo answered. I noticed he wasn't wearing a seat belt and he sat in the very back of the car with the back row of seats lying flat. "I think I need a car like this. There's so much room back here, like shit, I could put a mattress back here."