Chapter 52

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 52

~Nelle Bells P.O.V.~

It's been a few weeks of more school work, late nights, early mornings and a scheduled all accustomed to Trey. I love my son but he is really taking his toll on me. Its put some strain on Lexis and I because he's working more and that leaves me by myself with Trey as I try to finish homework. I don't know how there's mothers out there with more than one child, in school, working and somehow making it all work. I give them many props; I only have one and it's a struggle.

Lexis and I weren't the only ones dealing with a strain on our relationship. Heather and Arlie were basically at each other's throats... I don't know many details about that and I'd rather not know.

As of right now, I was sitting on the living room floor trying to get through a history study guide for an upcoming test. Trey was on a pile of pillows just staring at me and for once I finally caught a break to get a lot of this guide done. I'm not really sure where Lexis was but that's due to neither of us really talking- unless it regarded Trey. I looked over at my phone when it lit up and was surprised it was already nearly eight... time just seems to get away from me, yet I feel like I'm not doing anything productive.

The front door opened and I looked up at the TV to see Lexis' reflection as he slipped off his hood and set it on the back of the couch. I dropped my gaze back down to my paper and pushed my hair out of the way before locating what question I left off at.

"How's Trey?" He asked walking up to us and dropping down to his knees to scoop up Trey.

"He's good for the most part." There was a short pause and I got another question done off this guide. "How are you?" I asked breaking the silence. I know we're both irritated with each other due to being over worked but there's a point where we need to point out the giant elephant in the room and clear the air.

"Busy and tired." He replied with a small laugh. "And yourself?"

"Same. Especially the tired part."

"Not too far from graduating and then you won't have school on your shoulders, I think you can make it." I hope. "I'm sorry for the yelling that went down a few days ago."

"I'm sorry too. I didn't mean for things to get out of hand." I set my pencil down and realized tonight wasn't going to be the night I made a dent in my school work. I closed the book and set it up on the coffee table.

"Clean slate?" I nodded. "Good. I missed talkin' to you." I know you did because you don't like being lonely. I on the other hand have no problems being alone, but I'll admit it was awkward when we would get ready in the mornings and have to share the bathroom but not say a word to each other... glad that won't be happening anymore. "You talked to Riley lately? I haven't seen her in Econ."

"What? I've been on independent study leave so I'm not generally at school except for Fridays when I drop off my work, so I can't say I've seen her at school." I grabbed my phone and went to my messages. "Oh wow, I never realized just how long it's been since I've talked to her." I feel like such a terrible best friend... it's been a little over a week since we talked and I wasn't even aware. I sent her a text and set the phone down on my thigh. "Hasn't any of your friends mentioned her?"

"I was just at the trap and we discussed that- we're all a bunch of terrible friends, I swear. I was gonna text her but didn't 'cause she's your best friend, not mine." The both of us shared a chuckle. "I thought it would be weird textin' her so I was just gonna leave it to you."

"Well I just texted her, so we'll have to wait and see." I picked up the phone and put it in the pockets of my sweats before standing up, stretching out my back and arms, I now felt real comfortable and loose. "I'm hungry, you want anything?" I offered trailing off to the kitchen. The cold tile under my feet woke me up a little more and I quickly walked over to the mat that lay in front of the sink so my feet weren't on the tile anymore.