Chapter 20

It had been four months. I wasn't going to give in that easily. Kellin played me and I wasn't going to put up with it. He would come by my house several times but soon gave up. I declined his calls and texts, I gave up. And I honestly don't know why he cares so much if he's SO into Katelynne. She seems amazing and he seems so happy with her. I don't want to get in the way of Kellin's happiness.. I can't do that to him. Justin and the guys would come over once in a while to make sure I was doing okay. They thought Kellin was acting different and weird too. I don't know what was up with him.

I hadn't seen or talked to Kellin for four months.. I let that sink in for a while. I needed to show him that he really hurt me. He really did. I wasn't going to forgive him so easily. I'm not like that. That's how I really get hurt. The guy's band was getting bigger and bigger and I was so proud of them. I really was even if I  couldn't enjoy it with them. I actually bought my own acoustic guitar and starred writing music myself.

As I was sitting down eating my cereal and thinking to myself, my phone started ringing. It was Gabe.

"Hello?" I responded with a smile on my face.

"Hey. Want to come and hang out with the guys and I? We have a surprise for you." He responded.

"Um sure.." I said nervously.

"Okay. Get ready and I'll pick you up at 4." He responded.

"Okay. See you." I hung up and looked at my lock screen that read it was 2:30 pm.

I sighed as I chose something to wear out and then took a shower. Once I got out I fixed my hair and did my makeup. I wore my black skinny jeans with my white green day crop top and a black spiked vest. I then had to search for my matching combat boots which also had spikes on them. It was now 3:30 pm and I scrolled through my phone as I sat on the couch waiting for Gabe. My phone buzzed in my hand 5 minutes later.

Gabe: I'm here. (:

I grabbed my purse and locked the door as I met him at the car. It was just him which was weird.

"Hey." I said as I got in next to him.

"Heyy." He responded as left the complex.

"Where are the rest of the guys?" I asked curiously.

"We're going to meet them at the park. There's this band that we're good friends with, and knew you were a big fan of as well." He mentioned on the way to the park where there were concerts very frequently.

"Really?" I blushed.

He nodded his head. We got into the parking lot and parked. We got out and met up with the rest of SWS but Kellin was no where to be found. The guys lead me behind stage and there, standing before me.. was Pierce The Veil. I almost fainted.

"Hi I'm Vic." He held out his hand to me.

"I know." I said as I hugged him.

He smiled down at me. I told them all how much they mean to me and how much I rate to their songs and lyrics. I immediately got squeezed by Tony and Jaime and became a PTV sandwich. They squished me as they all hugged me but I was totally fine with it. I couldn't believe I was meeting them.. I listened to them a lot when I was in Rehab, and then when Kellin got to sing a song with them.. That blew my mind. And here I was, meeting them. I smiled back at Gabe and the guys as they hugged me.

"You going to stick around for the show?" Tony asked me smiling.

"Hell yeah!" I responded smiling.

"Yeah you better." Jaime playfully punched my arm.

I made my way onto the grass to watch their acoustic set. They played "Carphernelia", "Yeah Boy and Doll Face", "Bulletproof Love" , and "Hold On Till May". I smiled as I recorded their entire set. The guys came all beside me to enjoy the show.

"Okay now, I'd like to bring one of our closest friends onto the stage, give it up for Sleeping With Sirens!" Vic announced as he bro hugged Kellin then went behind stage.

Oh god. No..

"Hey guys, we're Sleeping With Sirens." Kellin came out and said into the microphone as fan girls screamed. I rolled my eyes. He sang "With Ears To See & Eyes To Hear", "Stomach Tied in Knots", "Iris", and then a new song. I decided to stick around for a little bit but I didn't want to talk to Kellin so I started walking away from the stage.

"Um, this song is about how in life we always make mistakes, really stupid mistakes and this song is called, "Sorry". This one is for you Mae." He mentioned as Jesse started strumming his guitar.

I froze in place. I froze as he said my name and turned around. This was a set up... The guys dragged me back to my spot as Kellin began to sing to me. Not taking his eyes off of me. I listened to every lyric he sang and taking it in deeply. He finished singing and smiled at me. I was speechless, I didn't know what to do or say. I was numb.

"Mae?" Justin waved a hand in my face which caught my attention.

"Uh-i-have to go.." I turned around and started walking back to my house.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned around. I was met with a pair of lips. It all happened so fast I couldn't believe it. Kellin pulled away as I stood there taking in what just happened..

"But-but aren't you with Katelynne,.?" I asked him looking into his green orbs.

"No. I want you." He smiled at me as he held out a bouquet of red roses. I was speechless. I held my hand to my mouth.

"Kellin!" I pretty much leaped onto him hugging him.

He picked me up and spun me around. I was crying into his shoulder. He set me down and cupped my cheeks. I smiled as I met his beautiful eyes.

"Kellin.. I think I love you." I told him almost shocked that I said that out loud.

I was looking at him half smiling but also nervous. There were butterflies in my stomach.

"I love you Mae." He responded.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was so fucking happy. Everything just felt perfect.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. 💜