Chapter 7

My heart skipped a beat as I heard his words.

"I wrote a song for you." He mumbled into my shoulder. I pulled away from him and looked at him.

"For me!? In a day?" I asked excitedly and was smiling. He smiled at my dorkness.

"Yes for you. And no, I've been working on it ever since I met you." He blushed and smiled at me. He took my hand.

"Come on, I wanna play it for you." He dragged me along behind him. I looked down at our intertwined hands and up at his dark brown gracious hair. I smiled to myself. He lead me to our spot and I sat on the couch.

"I will be right back." He looked down at me as he was standing in front of me. I nodded my head.

"I promise." He took my hand and kissed it. I smiled and looked up at him as he stared into my eyes. He smiled and walked away. I sighed. I was nervous. At the same time I was shocked.

Kellin wrote a song for me. So that means I have to write one for him. I smiled to myself thinking of all the possible lyrics I would put into the song. The ideas swirling around in my head. It had to be perfect then.

I saw him swing around the door and into the room. He was looking at me smiling with his guitar in his hand. He sat down next to me and slipped the strap around his shoulder and smiled at me.

"You ready?" He asked me. I nodded my head smiling trying not to blush.

"I wrote this song for you. For us. For the people who've hurt us in the past. Whenever you hear this song, I want you to think of our struggles and relations to each other. And please don't give up. It goes like this...

I know that hope weighs on your mind, lost within the seams,
it seems like we lose ourselves in between.
But the harder things become, the harder you push away.
Oh baby, yeah baby, it kills me.

You said it, you said it
I'll take you at your word.
These promises that you can't keep,
it's getting harder to hold on.
You said it, you said it
don't ever let me fall.
Don't give up because you're losing
(you haven't lost).

In time you'll find that we can sober up,
clean up any dirt so we can open up.
These wounds have been open for forever now.
Come on, be strong.
Your mind has gotten the best of you.
You've done enough and you are enough.
Let's fall asleep tonight,
I'll hold you close and show you you're not broken.

You said it, you said it
I'll take you at your word.
These promises that you can't keep,
it's getting harder to hold on.
You said it, you said it
don't ever let me fall.
Don't give up because you're losing

(Hold on)

Don't you think if it's meant to be, it will be?
Don't you think things will work out eventually?
Hold on.

You said it, you said it
I'll take you at your word.
These promises that you can't keep,
it's getting harder to hold on.
You said it, you said it
don't ever let me fall.
Don't give up because you're losing..."

He finished singing and I was in awe. As always. Oh god how I wanted to kiss him. It was so hard not to. His perfect plump lips smiling and passionately singing out every word. I absolutely loved the song and I related to it so much. I held myself back from kissing him so I just immediately hugged him landing on top of him. He laughed.

"I'm guessing you liked it?" He said mumbling into my long plum colored hair. I smiled.

"I loved it." I released him but looked at him with my hands wrapped around his neck. We sat up and we stared into each other's eyes questioningly.

"Thank you so much Kellin. It was beautiful and so relatable and god. You just kill me. But in a good way." I smiled at him deciding to break the ice. He smiled and looked at me like a light bulb went off in his head. I tilted my head to look at him.

"That's going to be the name. "You kill me (in a good way)." He hugged me. And squeezed me. He let go and we sat besides each other on the couch. He casually put his arm around me as I leaned and had my head by his heart.

"I wrote this song to let you know that sometimes it's okay to be alone and friends aren't always reliable. But music always is. "Brush off the dirt so we can open up" - remove the past and let it out. Talk about it. The past is the past. "Promises you can't keep, it's getting harder to hold on." - for those friends we had who never stayed by our side. Who lied to us, who backstabbed us, who didn't keep their promises and hurt us instead. "Don't give up, because you're loosing." Just because things are bad, doesn't mean they will continue to be. I realized that things do get better and nothing is permanent. So please don't give up." He kissed my forehead as he traced my scars covering my skin now faded.

I began to sing his lyrics.
" These wounds have been open for forever now.
Come on, be strong.
Your mind has gotten the best of you.
You've done enough and you are enough.
Let's fall asleep tonight,
I'll hold you close and show you you're not broken." I finished and looked up at him.

"Those are my favorite." I smiled biting my lip.

"They're because of you." He rubbed my shoulder.

"Thank you for being there for me when no one else was. I know that Jenna's there for me and wants me to get better. But that's her job. And that's why I don't like therapists and doctors. I want someone real, someone who actually cares and responds and actually wants to listen. Not because they have to. So thank you." I looked up at him and kissed his cheek.

"No, thank you. I know what you mean. And I feel the same way." He smiled looking down at me. I rested myself down on his chest again and he stroked my hair as he began singing to me again. I smiled and drifted off to sleep.

~
A/N: So tired 😩 I'm sick too lol. Great. A runny nose and sore throat that hurts like hell. Will try my best to update. Sorry if it's lame or boring, and sorry if I always say this . 😂 Going to go to sleep now.

Thank you for reading. And thank you for 60+ reads. You guys are amazing and sweet and ugh. 💜

Nick Martin from Sleeping With Sirens liked my picture on Instagram 😱😍❤️😭 lol follow me: @piercedtheblackveilsirens 💜

Goodnight my babes.
Love you.
~ Court 🌚💜

Listening to: 🎧
{🎶Pierce The Veil - Caraphernelia🎶}