Chapter 8

I woke up and felt warm. I fluttered my eyes open laying side ways on a purple couch. I heard someone singing and recognized who it was immediately. I sat up and turned my body. I realized Kellin had put his jacket over me as a blanket. How cute. I sat up and smiled up at him. He was so into singing the song. He was singing our song. He noticed me and turned to me smiling as he was singing. He was on the stage with his guitar sitting down. I bet he was imagining a crowd and what the future would hold for him. I got up and pulled his jacket on walking over to him.

"Morning beautiful." He smiled at me as he was still strumming his guitar. My eyes widened.

"Shit, did I really sleep for that long?! Why didn't you wake me!" I responded. He laughed and I was confused.

"It's not morning, I was just saying good morning because you just woke up." He chuckled and smiled at me sweetly. I blushed embarrassed.

"Oh." I responded. I decided I'd go to my room and work on his song that I was excited about. I couldn't wait for him to hear it. I already knew what I wanted to be in it. I smiled to myself.

"What are you smiling about?" He looked at me also smiling. I blushed.

"I'm going to go and write your song now..." I mentioned slowly walking away blushing.

"Wait! I want to show you something really cool." I rolled my eyes being silly and walked back in front of the center of the stage. Kellin was sitting on the edge staring down at me. I sat down. He took a deep breath and started beat-boxing. It was enough that his singing impressed me but now I was jealous. He stopped and smiled at me. I'm sure my mouth was wide open. I crossed my arms around my chest glaring at him. He smiled and put his guitar down next to him and hopped down from the stage coming over to me.

"What?" He said looking into my eyes. My expression softened. I came close to him. He wrapped his hands around my waist smiling. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I pouted.

"You're so talented, it's not fair." I poked his cheek.

"Hey! Don't say that, you're so talented Mae." I could feel his thumbs rub up and down my waist. We looked at each other and he leaned closer into me. I smiled nervously.

"Thanks Kel." I blushed. He smiled as he poked my cheek back. I took my hands from around his neck and rubbed his cheek with my thumb.

"I'll see you tomorrow. I need to work on your song. I have it all planned out." I smiled to myself excited and nervous for him to hear it.

"Okay. Meet here after group like always." I nodded as he smiled and leaned down to hug me. I closed my eyes in his warm embrace. We broke away.

"Bye." I waved as I started walking away.

He made a goofy face as he held a out a peace sign to me. He shifted and walked away as he grabbed his guitar. I smiled as I walked to my room excited to get working all night. I realized I still had his black hoodie on. It was warm and smelt just like him. It was comforting and made me happy. He's not getting it back, that's for sure.

I walked into my room, grabbed my black acoustic guitar as I sat down on my bed with my feet crossed under me. I pulled out my notebook along with a pen from under my pillow. The jam session began.

I woke up the next morning on my bed with my guitar besides me. I stretched and searched for my phone to see what time it was. My break feast plate was on my side table so I knew it was past 8:00 am. I checked my phone and it was 10:30. Group ended like 30 minutes ago. Shit! I slept in from being up all night practicing and writing his song. I immediately got up and put my hair into a high pony tail loosing it a bit and I changed quickly then ran out of my room to our spot. Kellin was there and he looked sad. I ran to him. His face expression soon turned to happy as he saw me. He sat up on the couch as I plopped down next to him. I sighed and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm late. I was up all night writing and practicing and I slept in. I woke up and realized it was 10:30 and I rushed to meet you and oh my gosh-breathe." I took a bother deep breath as we laughed together.

"It's okay, I was thinking you slept in too." He smiled at me letting me know it was okay. I hugged him. I could tell he hesitated as he slowly put his arm around me.

"You're amazing." I let go of him and looked at him. He smiled. I slid the strap of my guitar over my shoulder and my heart began beating faster.

"So, I wrote this song for you. All for you, and because of you. And I hope you like it, I worked really hard on it. It's called "Stomach Tied In Knots", and it goes like this.." I started strumming my guitar as I looked down and closed my eyes as I started and then turned my gaze into his beautiful eyes as I began to sing.

"Oh, my stomach's tied in knots
I'm afraid of what I'll find if you wanna talk tonight
Ooh ooh
See the problem isn't you, it's me, I know
I can tell, I've seen it time after time
And I'll push you away (mmm)
I get so afraid, oh, no

And I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
I can't even live with myself
Oh-oh-oh
And I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
And I don't want nobody else
Oh-oh-oh

I only have myself to blame
But do you think we can start again?
'Cause I can't live without you

Oh, my stomach's tied in knots
I'm afraid of what I'll find if I see you again tonight
Ooh ooh
See the problem isn't you, it's me, I know
I do this every single time
I'll push you away (ooh)
I get so afraid, oh, no

And I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
I can't even live with myself
Oh-oh-oh
And I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
And I don't want nobody else
Oh-oh-oh

I only have myself to blame
But do you think we can start again?
I only have myself to blame
But do you think we can start again?
I only have myself to blame
But do you think we can start again?
I only have myself to blame
Let's start again
Let's start again

I can't live without you
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh
Oh-oh oh-oh oh-oh

And I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
I can't even live with myself
Oh-oh-oh
I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
And I don't want nobody else
Oh-oh-oh

'Cause I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
I can't even live with myself
Oh-oh-oh
And I can't live without you now
Oh-oh
'Cause I don't want nobody else
Nobody else
Nobody else

I can't live without you
Oh oh." I opened my eyes as I finished looking up at him smiling.

"Mae, that was incrediable. I loved it, thank you!" He pulled me into a hug and I was so relieved and glad he liked it.

"I know that I haven't known you for a long time, but being here with you and talking to you just makes me feel so much better. I feel like I've known you for forever. And I love how we can relate to each other, and share our stories with one another. Thank you for the song, and just for everything. Being there for me, listening to me, you're amazing Kellin. And I just feel like-"

"I can't live without you." He finished my sentence for me. I looked up at him and couldn't believe he felt the same. I smiled and hugged him for a while.

"Thank you for everything." He whispered as he petted my hair. I squeezed him.

~
A/N: Hope you guys liked it! I love that song and I hope it fit well. ☺️

Love you 😘

- Court 🎧🌚🌸

Listening to:
{🎶You're Not Alone Anymore - Of Mice & Men🎶}