Chapter 19

I started crying so much that I was gasping for air to breathe. I couldn't do this. I wanted the thoughts to just disappear god dammit. I kept trying to get the thought out of my head but they wouldn't go away.

I really wish I could hate him right now but I can't. I love him. And he clearly doesn't love me. It's like I'm invisible..

I got up from the floor and went into the bathroom to clean myself up and splash water on my face. I looked up into the mirror and was disgusted with myself.

You're not as pretty as her.
You're not anything close to her.
She's so much better than you.
You're nothing compared to her.
He loves her,
Not you.

The thoughts were right. Completely right and I wasn't going to fight with the demons in my head if they were right. I took a deep breath and wiped the tear stains on my face with a wash cloth. Then I heard a knock on my door. I sighed and went to answer it.

It was him. Jesus Christ.

"Hey, you still want to hang out?" He flashed me his gorgeous smile that always gave me butterflies in my stomach.

"Oh. Um.. I-i don't feel good.." I lied. I couldn't hang out with him and be serious without breaking down. I just couldn't.

"H-have you been crying? Mae, what-what's wrong? Listen I'm sorry, I know I'm really late-" He came closer to me but I hid myself behind the door.

"No-no Kellin I'm fine. Maybe another day.." I closed the door behind me leaning against it.

"No, Mae-Mae." He knocked on the door softly. He knew something was wrong. But probably didn't know that it was because of him.

"Go away Kellin." I said from behind the door.

I walked into my room, and laid on my bed scrolling through pictures on Instagram. My phone began to ring and it was Justin. I declined, not in the mood. I continued to scroll through Instagram.

~ 30 Minutes Later ~

There was another knock on my door. I sighed and got up to answer it.

"I said go away Kell-" I opened it to reveal the rest of Sleeping With Sirens. I was so confused.

"Hi guys..?" I said quietly surprised. They laughed.

"Thank god you're okay. Why didn't you answer my call?" Justin hugged me.

"I was sleeping.." I lied as I hugged him back.

"Oh, well, why didn't you hang out with Kellin? He's worried about you." Justin responded.

"Come inside, guys." I sighed as I held the door for them as they gathered into my living room, turning on the TV and all sat on the couch. I closed the door as I offered them drinks and chips.

"No beer? Are you sick or something?" Jesse laughed at me.

"Shut the fuck up." I laughed as I flipped him off.

I grabbed some Mountain Dews, which reminded me of Kellin.. And grabbed two bags of Lays potato chips and sat down around the guys. I put the drinks on the coffee table along with the bags of chips for them as they enjoyed watching The Walking Dead.

"So. To answer your question Justin. Um, Kellin didn't show up for an hour... And I went outside.. And. He-he was making out with her.." I said looking down trying not to break down again.

"Oh, Mae.." Justin came over and hugged me.

"I don't know what's up with that boy." Gabe mentioned as he stuck his hand in the bag of chips and shoved them in his mouth.