Chapter 1 - A Battle it is

Chapter is dedicated to my mate,GlazePhilos, who's the first to comment on this book ^-^ Thanks mate ;)

---Ian's POV---

I nodded at the bouncer in front of the large doors and smiled. "Ey Mike! How's it going tonight?" Mike, a tall guy with a broad chest which was literally packed with muscles, shook his head slightly and pointed his thumb over his shoulder whilst saying, "It's going crazy, the Johnson's brothers' idea works like a charm. These battles will attract a lot of people to the club."

Mike looked at Austin and Louise behind me and scanned them up and down, his whole posture changing from relaxed and friendly, to all business-like and slightly menacing. Before he could open his mouth though, Louise shot me a disapproving glare as her mouth pursed when she said, "You're organizing fights in there? Ian, are you out of your mind?!"

The look on Mark's face as he smirked at me made me snort out a laugh before I quickly waved my hands in the air before me and shook my head when Louise took a step forwards. That woman could smack me on the head if she thought I was making fun off her.

"No, no Lou, you misunderstand. We do battles. Bartending battles." I added when she jabbed me in the chest with her finger and started, "You!....Oh-" Austin looked from one to the other before lying his arm over Louise's shoulders. She looked shocked for a moment before she just waved her hand in the air. "Well, in that case, lead on."

Rolling my eyes, I passed the long line of people and opened the doors, ushering Louise and Austin in whilst ignoring the protests and insults these people were throwing our way. As soon as we passed the first door, the music greeted us with a bang, churning through my body until I was pumped up to dance, or even work.

I noticed Louise's expression as she looked around and smirked at her wide-open mouth as she took in the club. It looked just like any club to me, although it was a refined one with strict policies that were followed to the letter. There was a three-strike rule here.

Misbehave in this club; strike one and you get a warning. Keep things up and you'll be suspended from the club's premises for a certain amount of time. Only a few people go to strike three but they can say goodbye to clubbing; their costumer profile was wired to other clubs in the area, letting them know about the behavior of said costumer.

But what I loved about this club was the bars; they were spacious and surrounded by soft seats, people could sit down at them and lounge a bit after dancing and for those who had to work, well...it was grand. You never bumped into others or the drinks and there were build-in tabloids so people could order without screaming their lungs out.

And that's where I come in. I smirked at Louise and motioned to my working spot, which was now covered by David and Erica. David spotted me and waved us over before greeting me over the bar and clapped me on my shoulder in a typical man hug. David eyes Louise with a flirting smile before he smiled wickedly.

"And what can I get for you Miss...?" Louise smiled and stepped back in Austin's warm embrace as she replied over the music, "Already Claimed, and she wants something with Martini Fiero." David sighed dejectedly and started grabbing for the glasses, oblivious to the way Austin was glaring at him.

A manicured finger tapped on my hand, causing me to look up at Erica. She smiled politely at me and gestured towards the drinks, knowing that I couldn't hear her even if she managed to shout out; she was a bit too shy but helped her brother David out whenever she could.

I quickly ordered some Scotch on the tabloid and turned to look at the other bars to see if I spotted someone I knew before my eyes flickered over the dance floor. The club was crowded tonight, women and men grinding on one another to the music, moving their bodies in tantalizing ways, some not too discreetly about their intentions.