Chapter 36

Play through chapter it's called I Found by Amber Run

All I hear is beeping, beeping from what? I'm not sure exactly.

I hear his throaty groan and his arm tighten on my waist, his face snuggling into my neck.

"I have to start getting ready, my plane leaves in two hours," he whispers, his voice raspy and...sad.

I open my eyes and turn on my side to look at him. His pupils are big and take up most of his eye color, he looks adorable with a sleepy expression and tousled hair.

"I don't want you to go," my voice cracks. I knew the day was coming, each passing second I cherished with him and it all led to this.

I wish we would've worked things out two weeks ago. I wish a lot of things worked out differently, and unfortunately I can't go back and change any of it.

Laying here right now, at five o'clock in the morning, running my fingers through his soft hair, I realize how stupid it was of me to ignore the inevitable.

I knew that sooner or later Colten and I were going to be back together, that we were going to reconnect again and cross paths, but I was stupid and held on to the anger of his departure.

"I don't want to leave, either. I have to, though. You don't know how bad I would love to lay here for the rest of my life and stare at you, watch you sleep, and love you. But life moves on as should we," he whispers and brings me closer to him.

I shut my eyes to keep the tears in. He runs his nose along my jawline and down my neck, leaving little pecks ever so often.

When will I feel his lips again? When will I have the chance to be in his arms again?

Sure, he's going to be back next month for Christmas, but what if something happens? Like his plan ride gets cancelled due to a snow storm?

"We'll make this work, I know we will. Now come take a shower with me," he insists and slides off the bed, grabbing my hands and pulling me up.

The water is warm as it cascades over my body. Colten grabs a washcloth and starts rubbing it in my body, the soup washing away the dirt from yesterday.

"You'll be okay, won't you?" I ask, turning around to face him. I place my palms against his chest and look up into his hazel eyes.

"Of course I will. As long as we stay together, I will. Will you?"

Will I?

"I think so," I sigh and lay my cheek against his heart. It pounds at a steady pace, warming my heart.

Colten wraps his arms around my waist and presses my body more to his, the water running over us.

We're going to try to make it work, I have my doubts, but I'm trying to stay positive. I mean look at Brittni and Jackson, he's been at college for two years now and their still going strong. Maybe that luck will be placed in the hands of Colten and me.

Once we get out of the shower I pull my clothes on from yesterday, not really wanting to be in jeans at this hour, but nonetheless do it.

I look down at the shirt I wore to bed and have the sudden urge to keep it. I pick it up off the ground and bring it up to my face, smells just like him.

"Keep it," his voice sounds through my day dream.

"What?" I ask incredulously.

"Keep the shirt, I want you to have something so when you think of me, I'll somewhat he there." He sucks in a sharp breath and looks away.