Chapter 17

I'm so going to kill Colten when I get home...or now. I notice Colten's truck parked in the front row of the parking lot. Of course!

I take in a deep breath trying to calm down my inner turmoil before I do something I may or may not regret. Most likely the latter.

"Did I ask you to come pick me up?" I question him, buckling up my seat belt.

"You got in the car didn't you?" I guess he has a point there. Damn, I hate when he has points.

"Whatever, Colten." I try my best to not ask him about this morning, but being the persistent girl I am, that resolve didn't last long. "What happened this morning?"

"With Adam?" Colten turns his head slightly to glance at me before going back to focusing on the road.

"Adam? What about Adam?"

"I ran into Adam this morning. We talked."

"Are we talking about the same Adam here? Adam Donaldson we're talking about?" I have a hard time believing that he's talking about Adam Donaldson, Adam my ex-boyfriend.

"Yes, you're ex-boyfriend Adam. Do you even know any other Adams?" He asks incredulously.

"That's beside the point, Colten. That's not even what I was talking about. I was talking about what happened with Trevor."

"Oh," Dipshit. "Nothing happened."

"That's a lie," I scoff. Is he that stupid? Like he didn't know what he was doing when he did it. That's a load of bullshit to me,
anyone with eyes could see it.

"I'm not lying! I didn't do anything to your beloved boyfriend," Colten spits, venom clear in his voice. He's jealous, I can even see that, but I don't-no I refuse to get tied back into that mess.

"Yes you did! All I know, is you called me babe in front of the school and Trevor heard. He even has this crazy hunch that I was cheating on him with you," I laugh. The humor is real people.

"What?! That's crazy," Colten gasps, chuckling to himself. His eyes keep flickering back and forth between me and the road.

"I know right!"

"Yeah," Colten mumbles.

How funny would that be? Me cheating on Trevor with Colten. That has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. In case he hasn't noticed, I'm totally over Colten. I've been for a while now.

Okay, keep telling yourself that, babydoll. My subconscious mocks me.

Not even two minutes later do we pull up into my drive way. Jackson's truck isn't in the drive way and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Where's Jackson?" I ask, getting out of the truck.

"Went to drop Brittni off at home, and go grocery shopping," Colten informs me. Since when does Jackson go grocery shopping?

I only nod my head, walking into the house. My backpack drops on to the floor the same time I kick my shoes off.

"Huh," I say puzzled. To me it looks like we have enough food, if the refrigerator says anything.

"Looking for something?" His voice was oddly close, and it has seemed the temperature increased.

"I don't see why Jackson went grocery shopping," I reply. Most likely Jackson just wanted to screw around with Brittni, which I don't know why he's being so discreet about it still. I already know he fucks her on a daily basis, how much more does he have to hide?