Beginning

Nashi Dragneel
Entry #1
September 23rd, X817

Sixteen years ago today, me and my twin brother, Igneel, were born in Magnolia, Fiore somewhere in X798. We were born to the most wonderful family in the world.

Fairy Tail.

Within this family are the coolest and most destructive people I would ever meet. My father, the infamous Fire Dragon Slayer, the Salamander and ninth guild master is none other than Natsu Dragneel. My mother is a beautiful celestial wizard, one of the rarest kinds of mages in the world, Lucy Dragneel, formerly a Heartfilia. There are others in this guild too! My godfather is an Ice Devil Slayer who can kill demons with his magic. His name is Gray Fullbuster. My godmother though... She is seriously intimidating but, is really nice once you get to know her. She was Fairy Tail's seventh guild master, Erza Fernandez, formerly Scarlet.

Most days, from what Aunt Wendy tells me, were usually quiet. With the exception of the everyday fights between Dad and Uncle Gray and Aunt Erza getting involved when Dad destroys her cake. She claimed them to be peaceful times for the guild.

Well, that was until a certain incident happened in the middle of the year, X801...

I was only three years old when it happened. From the counts of actual survivors, everyone came to know it as Dying Fairies Day. I know it as the day my life would forever change for the worst.

I don't remember that much of it, though there are bits and pieces, flashes of some sort that I do remember.

My godfather... had these strange dark marks covering his body.

My godmother was shielding my friend from the blast that went up in the guild.

My mom was crying. She was afraid of something. Specifically, she was afraid of someone.

At the time, I didn't understand. At least, that was until I saw my father.

My father is Natsu Dragneel. My dad is an incredibly powerful wizard. He is the best of all nakama. He is my mom's best friend and the love of her life. He is the most loving father I could ever possibly have. He the kindest guild master, even if he is number nine on the list. He has one of the biggest hearts that anyone has ever seen.

My dad truly is a great man.

So, I didn't see why my mother was afraid of him.

I truly didn't understand at all.

But...

When I finally saw it-

"Daddy?"

It was too late to turn back.

"Daddy's not here."

And so, the story starts there.

The year is X801, Dying Faires Day.