Chapter 11

{Three month time skip}

Today I was exactly eight months and twelve days pregnant. Now all the trauma with Alex was over, i could finaly relax and enjoy the pregnancy. I say it was over, but part of my mind still lingered back to the day that she was bought into the station, hands cuffed behind her back as she screamed at us angrily.

(Flashback)

"You'll never keep that baby! You hear me? Michael will be mine!"

Her voice echoed through my mind as I shivered in what was the fear slowly creeping over my body. Tears fell on my cheeks as Michael's hands crept around my waist from behind me.

"I'll have him! You'll see!"

(Flashback ends)

I never saw her after that, or even heard about her. All I knew was that I wanted nothing more to do with her and so long as we were here, I knew we were safe.

We now lived happily in my grandparents old house with my aunt. She ran a café down the street which was within easy walking distance from the house so Michael worked there with her to earn some cash.

Mine and Michael's room was huge. It was painted bright blue with neon starts to light up the ceiling. Our bed was in the back corner with the cot for our precious baby in the other corner beneath a chandelier of foam stars and animals. I woke up early and looked over to the cot where our baby would soon lay as a smile crept across my face.

Michael's hand was resting on my bump as I bit my lip and giggle, enjoying the feeling of our little gift kicking inside me. It had been a restless night for me, but I just took it as any other. I turned onto my other side and looked at Michael's angelic frame as he kept on sleeping. He looked so peaceful, I hated to wake him, but I needed the bathroom and couldn't get there on my own any longer now that I was so huge.

"Michael... Baby, wake up..." I coo quietly, hoping not go startle him. Slowly his eyes opened and soon he was looking at we with the same loving smile I had become a custom to.

"What's wrong? Are you hungry?" He smiles. Although I hated to wake him, I knew he didn't mind. His first thought every morning was about me, and it warmed my heart to see him to happy.

"No... I just need the bathroom. Can you help me?" I smile and kiss his nose gently, blushing softly as I gently grip his hand.

"Ofcouse. You don't need to ask for help baby. I'm happy to help you if you need it." He smiles sincerely before he carefully climbs our of the bed and offers his hands to me, knowing he can't carry my now that I'm so huge. I smile and take his hands before I get to my feet and steady myself slowly, holding my bump as I waddle from the room. His hands remain practically glued to my shoulders as we walk, but I didn't mind.

We got to the bathroom and I did my business but before long I was feeling uncomfortable with how low the baby was laying. As usual I ignored it, and just pressed on with my morning. It was still early so I thought I could go and get a start on breakfast. It's the least I could do, so I decided to make some pancakes.

My aunt was traditional, and still got her milk delivered in the little glass bottles, like you see in those old London shows. I grabbed the milk from the fridge while Michael started on sifting the flower, but as soon as I turned to walk, I was struck with a horrifying pain which soon bought me to my knees.

The sound of shattering glass filled my ears as I gripped my stomach, panting heavily.

"Byron! What's wrong? Are you okay?" Michael seemed in more of a panic then me as he took my hand and held me protectivly. I looked up at him and smiled once the pain ended before I once again stood.