Chapter 9

{Time skip: one month.}

Byron's POV.

A month has passed and I'm still in hospital. No matter what the doctors try I just won't get better. Every day is becoming harder and the doctors are still debating on if the pregnancy is even a good idea. I'm at a complete loss.

The girl I heard Michael talking to comes by daily with my medication, just some pain relief in the form of a white powder that I have to add to my water every six hours. It tastes vile and I always feel more sick after I take it for a few hours. Though the pain does ease off a little, I'm soon back again to how sick and tired I was before. She said it would have side effects but I swear I've been losing weight. Honestly, after what I heard last month I've been so frightened.

I figured out that Michael was lying. His grandmother died my ass! It's bullshit! The whole thing was bullshit!

I hadn't spoken to Michael about it though. He was in to much stress as it was. With me not getting any better, the news that the baby might need to be forced to come early and the fact that Alex was assigned to be my nurse; its no suprise that he is sick to death of this place. I guess he was scared that she would tell me about everything that they did together but I would've told her to piss off. I'm not interested in anything that slut has to say.

Ok Byron. Calm down. Stress isn't good. Stress leads to hormones, hormones lead to pain and pain will lead to an early birth which I'm really not ready for.

I looked up and was just finishing my meal at midday when Alex came in with a cap sized amount of that horrible medicine. Michael was pacing the room whenever she came in. I would be doing the same but I still couldn't move much on my own.

I looked up at her as she mixed the powder with my water, making the liquid turn a cloudy white and taste like chalk. "Okay, all in one go." She encourages, almost a little too eager to watch me gag on it.

I still did as I was told though, I didn't want too, but I knew I had to. "Okay. I will" I mutter, lifting the cup to my lips before I guzzle it down like the trooper I was. Once I'm finished she takes the cup and inspects it, what was she looking for?

Alex's POV

I took the cup back and briefly looked in.
Damnit. No blood still. You'd think that this fucker would at least backwash with all the gagging he does!
I smile at him sweetly before taking the cup and his empty tray and leaving, looking back with a glance as I reach the door, only to see Michael straight back at his side like they were joined at the hip.
Maybe it's time I increased the amount of Arsenoic Acid in the powder. Not much, but just enough. I want him to suffer.

Byron's POV.

I watched her leave and I knew it was time. Time to stick up for myself and find out their history. "Michael... Can we talk?"

"Sure baby, what's up?" His smile was so sincere. The love in his eyes was all I could see, I couldn't take that away from him. This is the problem... I've been meaning to say. To bring it up. But I always chicken out at the end.

"I- its nothing... Never mind" I mutter, looking down at my bump which was still growing. I was amazed at how much the baby still grew with how sick I was. Maybe our baby was just very lucky. It turned out that my fever and sudden passing out was because I was overexerting myself. All I needed was go take it easy, I really didn't see the point in all this medicine and constant bed rest.

"Byron, you say that every time. Come on, what is it?" He rubbed my back gently as I sat up to breath, the dizziness arriving again after everything.