Chapter 2

Byron's POV.

Failure to stand, failure to speak, failure to do anything but look up at the piercing blue eyes and field of black waves in his hair. The pain in my abdomen was only increasing, that must be what made me black out.

God, he's so strong. I couldn't help it. I was completely infatuated with him. His smile, his eyes, his smell. Oh gods what am I doing?!
"Ugghh~" before I had realised it I was groaning in pain, and it was only getting worse.
"Don't worry, we'll be with the nurse soon." His voice was so soft but at the same time was husky, and comforting. God sake! What's going on with me! I couldn't help but let my mind wander into daydreams, my eyes closed and my body over taken by pain. I remain that way until I feel my torso being slightly lifted and then a tight pressure on my forehead.
I open my eyes and freeze in shock, his skin was cool, comforting, like his voice. His forehead was pressed on mine as we walked but he didn't move, even after I opened my eyes.
"Sorry, I'm just seeing if you're still warm" his voice was once again soft, but what is that accent? Jordie? Essex? I couldn't tell but it definetly wasn't like mine.
His skin was still pressed on mine, or noses rubbing as he took each heavy step, still holding me protectively. Our lips were so close, I could smell... Peppermint. Wow... That smells so nice. I know it's weird liking the smell of peoples breath but when you find someone as hot as this then you find even the tiniest thing amazing.
"Yeah, you're still warm" he muttered right against my lips before he pulls away. Great, my blush is back!
"Y-you can put me down now." I speak in nearly a whisper as I look at the floor passing under us.
"Nope, I'm taking you to the infirmary." He smiles as he bounces me faintly to adjust his grip. Though it made me hurt more I didn't mind, I was to deep into my fake romance to care about the pain.

His arms were strong but his grip was, again, gentle. He had one arm behind my back, around my waist and resting a hand on my stomach, right beneath my ribs. He was pressing gently and moving his hand. I couldn't tell if he was touching me up or just checking for a heart beat. His other arm was under my thighs, allowing my legs to bend and hang loose over the extension of his arm. His elbow must've been just under my ass, because his forearm was just feathering over my hip while he held just behind me.

I look up at him dreamily until I realise, if he was feeling my forehead then... He must've seen the scar! Please don't ask, please, please...
"So, how'd you get that scar on your eye?"
Shit.
"Oh... Um... I- its nothing." My voice cracks and trails away as tears begin to attack my eyes.
"It's okay, you don't need to say. My curiosity just got the better of me." He looks down at me and smiles that sweet smile.
"It's okay, I don't mind you asking questions" I smile sweetly up at him but when I look closer I realise he was... Blushing? Why is he blushing?
I'm snapped from my thoughts when I feel him lowering my body. Once I'm laying on a long white bed, my head resting on a soft pillow, he backs away a few steps and bows his head a little.
"I- um- I'll see you around" he smiles before turning to leave the room. Seriously? He's leaving after all that?
"C- can't you stay with me?" I mutter, clearly shy at asking.
"Okay, sure" he smiles and turns back. I could've swore I heard him sigh in. "My name is Michael by the way. Sorry for the late introduction" he laughs faintly and raised his left hand to the back of his neck, the other pulling at the hem of his shirt.
"Well, its nice to meet you Michael. I'm Byron, Byron Jones."