9☆

Emily Fields

"Emily wait up!" Aria calls for me. I turn but keep an eye on the clock since I don't want to be late for my next class. Aria starts huffing and puffing, trying to catch her breath. "Wow, you should consider joining the track team." She strains. I laugh, patting her back. "I'm sure you'll be alright." She straightens and finally can breath correctly. "You won't believe what that rude girl Mona said this time! I almost beat her up when she told me and Spencer." I raise an eyebrow. "First, who the hell is Spencer? And second, what did she say?"

"Spencer is my roommate. She came about three days ago. Long story. Second, Mona said that you don't like Alison at all and that she keeps trying to force herself on you." Now usually, I would have told Aria to ignore Mona, but honestly I feel so enraged right now. First Noel, now Mona? What the hell! "Okay first of all, that's not in any way true!" I say, frowning. Aria nods. "Especially after the way I found you two yesterday. Like wow, I wonder what would have happened if-"

"Aria focus!" Aria stops rambling and looks at me. "Sorry. So what are you gonna do?" I shrug since I truly have no idea. "If Alison has heard, she'll probably beat Mona to a pulp, so I might as well find her and keep her from being expelled." I start walking towards random people, describing Alison to see if they've seen her. "Emily do I have to go with? Class is in two minutes and I have to turn in my home-" I nod, and slowly she follows while mumbling about her homework. "If we don't find her, she might murder Mona."

"You're saying that's a bad thing?" Aria asks playfully. "Well..." I hesitate for a minute. "Yes it is! I can't have her go to jail! I care too much!" Aria stops walking. "Because she's your roommate or because you actually like her?" I stop in my tracks. "I just care, okay?" I snap and continue walking. "Whatever you say." Aria rolls her eyes.

It was probably because she knew the answer to that question.