The court began to whisper amongst themselves.

            "I am not saying we should overtake the humans. They are too clever for a abrupt attack. We have tried that before and it took years to wipe their small minds and start over." Brutus continued to meet the gazes of a few elder, more wiser vampire's in the crowd. "I am saying we should mimic their movements. We should momentarily hide our fangs until the moment is right, until those idiot humans are under our spell. Once we are in the upper rankings of their society and have control of their jobs and lives...respected....admired....then we will tear down the walls their society has created and rule the world."

            The king clapped once and the doors of the courtroom burst open. Two chained prisoners with fabric around their eyes were dragged forth by sinewy looking vampire warriors, then placed at the feet of the king.

            Indeed, this was no ordinary assembly. Normally the king executed innocent humans simply because he could. Sometimes they were his own people. But when they were individuals who had broken a law, he bathed in their blood. If the offender was a human, Brutus made sure their death was enjoyable for himself; slitting their throats and openly feasting on their delectable blood until they were sucked dry was his usual option. If the criminal was a vampire...well let's just say that  there had been a time where Brutus had convinced a young vampire criminal to eat himself to death. The court had given Brutus extra creativity points for that one  Others had been beaten with whips are strangled by nothing but the air around them. Again, no one under King Brutus' monarchy betrayed him unless they sought his throne or desired death.

            One of the prisoners, the largest of the two who was clearly a male by his exposed privates, was forced to bow at the His Majesty when he blindly lashed out towards the crowd. The two vampire warriors smirked as they held the male prisoner down against the ground and whipped him continuously until he finally fell to his knees before Brutus. The other prisoner, who was a woman, had collapsed to the ground with a stillness that resembles a corpse. She was the one that the king was most fixated with.

            And the one sentenced to death.

            "What do you suppose we do to these treacherous individuals?" Brutus hypothetically asked the court room as his brow arched at the two filthy prisoners. "Of course, this is truly the moment we have all been waiting for this evening. The man and woman who earlier attempted to take my life and almost were successful." King Brutus ruffled up the male's hair. "Ah, but I am a quick one and this one gave himself up when I held the woman's neck at my mouth. Place her on the altar, men and allow me to chat with the other," he said with laughter.

            "No!" The male prisoner's adrenaline kicked in. He lunged blindly towards the king, his chains dragging along the floor. With a speed that exceeded the understanding of the human mind, Brutus ripped the fabric from the male's eyes and swiftly kicked him in the jaw.

            A crack echoed the room as the prisoner took the hard hit without the slightest outward noise. The swift act of punishment would have instantly separated a human's neck from its spine. Perhaps he would have felt at least some  of it if the male had not been beaten senselessly for seven days straight and starved. A kick in the jaw was equivalent to a pinch for all he cared.

            "Tonight I will demonstrate to you all what the effect of the human race could have on us all. There are risks involved, I'm afraid. But those are only for the weakest of us." As Brutus spoke the court, the male prisoner struggled to get back up on his feet, slamming his dislocated jaw back in place with his free hand.