Déjà Vu (Part 2)

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

"I saw your bags by the door, are you gonna leave me? Are you gonna leave me like Janet did?" He asked walking closer to her.
"I-I can't st-stay h-here." She stuttered.
"What's wrong can't speak? Are you afraid of me?" He asked standing in front of her.
"N-No." She was trying her best to seem okay and unafraid, but it wasn't working. Quickly grabbing her by the neck and pushing her up against the wall next to the basement door, he whispered in her ear.
"You should be."

His eyes drifted over to the left noticing the creak in between the basement door and the door frame. As the anger filled his body his grip around her neck tightened and he flung her to the side as if she was a rag doll. She slid a cross the floor hitting her head against the island. Putting his hand on the door nob he pulled the door open, putting two and two together his eyes slowly traveled over to Melissa sitting on the floor holding the back of her head.

"You went in the basement?" He asked, anger present in every word.
"N-n-no, no I didn't." She quickly answered stumbling over her words.
"Then how do you explain the fucking door being open?" He asked. "You fucking bitch, answer me when I'm talking to!" He yelled making Melissa jump.
"I-I don't...I don't k-know René." She said as she felt the tears welling up in her eyes. She knew she had to get out of there or he would kill her.
"When are you gonna stop lying huh? You're lying to your family, your son...what kind of mother are you?" As he said those last few words Melissa thought about Janet.

"You told me you changed, and I believed you over them." She said holding onto the counter and slowly standing up.
"I have changed...I got better at hiding what I do." He said with a smirk.
"You're psychotic." She said shaking her head. She turned around to walk away.
"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" He asked stopping her.
"I'm leaving, I can't stay here." She said looking back at him.
"Oh baby girl, it's not that easy."

~Next Day~

Since Melissa left yesterday to get her stuff she has yet to return to Janet's house, and they were getting a little worried, at least Janet was.
"Babe, I don't like this at all." She said walking into the living room where Dwayne and Ryan were sitting and watching the tv.
"Like what?" He asked looking up at her.
"Melissa, she's not back yet."
"Janet, Melissa is a grown woman, I mean she's the one that declared her independence to all of us. Out of all people why you so worried about her?"

Dwayne was a little confused as to why Janet was so concerned with Melissa's well being. Melissa was the same one who knew that René was Janet ex husband but still continued to be with him, even though they all warned her. Although she was his sister he didn't care, she did this to herself, she ignored everyone's warnings.

"I'm worried about her because I know René and what he's capable of, you forget that I was in this same position a few years ago. Do you want him to do to her what he did to me?" She said with her hands on her hips looking down at him.
"Of course I don't want that to happen, but she did this to herself why should we run around trying save her and clean up her mess." He answered. Janet was about to say something but was cut off by Ryan.

"Aunty Janet, where's my mommy?" Ryan asked. Janet tilted her head to the side and looked at Dwayne, he rolled his eyes giving in.
"Alright fine, lets go. Ryan go get your book bag, we're gonna drop you off at grandma's." He said getting up.

~

"Hey momma, could you watch Ryan for a few hours."
"Yea sure, but where is Melissa?" Ata asked standing at the door.
"Well that's what we're trying to figure out." Janet answered.
"Yea, and Janet here wants to play detective and go find her." Dwayne said, Janet playfully hit his chest.
"I'm just worried about her." Janet said looking at Ata.
"Why are you so worried." Ata asked confused.
"She came by the house and we had a conversation, and I told her that she could stay at my house until we figure some things out, then she left to get her stuff but she hasn't come back yet." Janet explained.
"Oh sweetie, well be careful." Ata said.