Let's Get Ready To Rumble!! (Part 1)

DWAYNE'S P.O.V

As soon as the man walks out of the house I feel Janet immediately tense up and she gripped onto my hand. I look down at her to see a scared expression on her face.
"You all remember René." Joseph says patting René back. I see Michael look over at Janet with a very concerned look.
"René, as in your ex-husband René?" I asked quietly so that only she could hear. She nodded her head slowly and I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. My heart ached to see her like this, I pulled her in and hugged her tight and I felt her let out shaky breath.

"How's everybody doing?" René asked trying to make conversation to fill the award silence. But no one answered, still shocked by the person standing in front them. He then looked at me and his eyes widen.
"Dwayne Johnson?!" He asked surprised. I didn't even speak, I just nodded my head.
"Big fan man." He said smiling.
"Thanks." I answered because I didn't want to be rude. He looked down to Janet, who was still in my arms and his smile slowly disappeared.

"Hi Janet." She flinched hearing him call her name. She looked up at him and I could feel her start to shake. I looked down at her and could see that she was about to break and I knew that I had to get her out of here. I hopped off the table took her hand and led her inside, walking past René he looked down at our hands that were intertwined with each other and I could tell that he didn't like that at all. As we walked into the house I overhear René whisper something to Joseph.

"How do they know each other?" He asked.
"Oh, they're together." Joseph answered.
"Together, as in boyfriend and girlfriend?"
"Yea, but don't worry about it, you'll get her back." Joseph reassured him.

What the hell does he mean 'You'll get her back' I thought. I don't know what the hell they're planning, but no one, and I mean no one is taking Janet from me. I realized the I needed to calm down because Janet needed me now more than anything. Still holding her hand I led her up the stairs and into our room, we walked in and I closed the door behind me. She stood in the middle of the room hugging herself, I didn't know what to say to her so I just walked over and held her in my arms, as soon as our bodies met she clench onto my shirt and started crying.

"Wh-why would he do that? Why would Joe-Joseph bring him here?" She asked as tears streamed down her face.
"Baby I don't know. But sometimes when we don't deal with things in our lives they tend to show up again." I say rubbing her back. She pulled away walked over and sat on the bed as she wiped her tear away.
"I have dealt with this. I went to therapy, I signed the divorce papers...he took half the money I made from my first clothing line even though it wasn't his to take. I've dealt with this already, I don't want to go through this again." I could hear it in her voice that she was getting upset.

"Love I'm sorry that he's here. This was suppose to be the time you get to spend with your family." I say as I walked over and sat next to her on the bed. She sighed and shook her head.
"I just want to go home, I really don't want to be here anymore." She said getting up. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back down.
"No no no, we are not leaving. Don't you see that this is what he wants...he wants to see you miserable and unhappy so he can say that he still has an effect on you. You have to show him that you are and always will be better off without him, weather you're with someone else or not." She was silent for a minute then she held my hand and gave me a half smile.

"When did you become so wise?" She asked.
"Hmm" I pretended that I was thinking then said "About seven months ago when I walked into Starbucks." She smiled, leaned in and kissed me.
"I love you" she said after she broke the kiss.
"I love you too baby. Now let's go win this damn game." I said jumping to my feet she giggled took my hand and we went downstairs.

"Hey dunk, are you ok?" Michael, Tito, and Tina came up to us as we came down the stairs.
"I'm ok." She softly answered.
"Oh god!" Tina said.
"What?" I asked.
"He's my partner" she said furring her eyebrows together.
"Boo I know you, and I'm not bailing you out of jail." Janet says with a small smile.
"I'm not gonna kill him, I might break a couple bones, but I'm not gonna kill him." She said making us laugh a little.
"I swear, I'm going to beat Joseph's ass for doing this." Tito said.
"Guys it's ok." Janet says