History Repeats (Part 1)

JANET'S P.O.V

Are you kidding me, I thought to myself. It's like no matter what I do I can't get rid of this man, he's like an awful rash that keeps coming back.
"Oh heeelllll no! No!" Dwayne yelled and standing to his feet when he saw René. While Dwayne was yelling all I could do was laugh to myself.
"Why are you laughing, I don't find this funny." He said looking back at me.
"Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying." I said shaking my head.

"Look, I don't want any trouble okay. I didn't even know that she was your sister." René said.
"Wait, how do you even know them?" Melissa asked confused.
"He's my ex-husband." I said.
"How did you guys even meet....you know what, it doesn't even matter because he's not staying." Dwayne said.
"Excuse you, but who are you to decided who can and cannot stay. He is my guest and he's staying." Melissa said with anger rising in her voice.

"Melissa, you have no idea who this man is. I don't want you and Ryan around him." Dwayne said.
"Dwayne, you are not my father you can't tell me who I can and cannot see, and neither can dad." Melissa said looking from Dwayne to Rocky.
"Babe it's okay, I understand." René said putting his hands on her waist.
"I swear to God, if you put your hands on my sister." Dwayne said clenching his fists and walking towards René. I quickly stand up, running in front of him, and holding him back.

"Dwayne no, please stop." I said putting my hands on his chest pushing him back. He looked down at me and I could see the fire in his eyes, but when he looked back into mine his seem to soften. He nodded his head and unclenched his fist, putting one hand on my waist and holding my hand with the other.
"Melissa is right, he's her guest and she's a grown woman, you can't tell her what to do." I said turning around and looking at them.
"U-Uncle Dwayne, are...are you okay?" Ryan spoke pulling everyone's attention over to him.

He was curled up in the corner of the couch with a scared expression on his face. I felt Dwayne take a deep breath behind me, then he spoke.
"Yes, uncle's fine...I just got a little upset that's all." Dwayne answered in a calm tone.
"I don't like it when you get upset." Ryan said wiping a fallen tear away from his cheek.
"Oh Ryan I'm sorry, I won't do it again okay." Dwayne said letting me go and walked over kneeling in front of the couch.

"Okay." Ryan softly answered. Dwayne stretched his arm out to Ryan. Ryan quickly untangled himself, leaping into Dwayne's arms wrapping his arms around Dwayne's neck.
"I'm as hungry as lion, what do you say we go get some dinner huh?" Dwayne said to Ryan.
"Yea, my tummy is hungry." Ryan said patting his stomach.
"Alright lest go." Dwayne said. Taking my hand in his as he looked back at Melissa and René.

~

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

So, when are we gonna start planning this wedding?" Ata asked.
"Well Dwayne and I decided that we're gonna have the wedding after the baby is born." Janet answered.
"You're getting married?" René asked surprised.
"Yes we are." Janet answered.
"Dwayne, are you gonna invite Mia?" Melissa asked drawing everyone's attention to her.
"No, why would I?" Dwayne asked. He was confused as why she would even bring her up.
"I don't know, I mean she's a family friend and you guys dated for a while." She said shrugging her shoulders.
"Well if you haven't noticed I'm with Janet now, and I'm not going to invite my ex to our wedding."

"Uh...Janet, how's your mother doing?" Rocky asked changing the subject.
"She's well, considering the circumstances." Janet answered.
"What happened?" Melissa asked.
"Uh...my parents are getting divorced." Janet answered looking over at René. Janet somewhat blamed René for everything that was happening, he played a part in ruining her family.

"Why?" Melissa asked.
"Melissa." Ata called.
"What?" Melissa asked looking at Ata.
"It's okay." Janet said to Ata. "I really don't like to talk about it." She said looking at Melissa.
"I'm just asking. I mean, you guys are getting married soon and considering the fact that it didn't work out with René and your parents are getting divorced, I don't think you're gonna be very successful at it. I mean the apple doesn't fall far from the tree right."