➳ Chapter Ten - Like Brothers ✑

Начните с самого начала

"There's one in my office," I said.

"Okay then..." she said before leaving.

"What's up with you? That was kind of rude even for you," he stated.

"My problem is that you made me come here Saturday claiming there was something wrong and when I got here I see that everything is fine," I said.

"I take it she told you about my little visit," he said.

"Yes she did, what did you tell her?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

"I didn't tell her anything but I must say sleeping with your new assistant, I'm impressed," he said with a smirk on his face.

"This is precisely why I didn't tell you she was living with me, her apartment building burned down, I'm not sleeping with her so don't mention that again," I warned.

"But you want to," he said.

"I'm being serious," I said.

"So am I," he replied. "Be honest with yourself, if it were anyone else you would have sent them to a hotel," he added.

I started rubbing my head he was giving me a headache already.

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm still friends with you," I said.

"Hey it my job to make fun of you when you're whipped," he said laughing.

"You're full of sh*t man," I said.

"Now is that anyway for a CEO to talk?" he said.

"Calm down mom, we're both grown men here," I said sarcastically.

"We both know how you feel about your privacy, you don't even like me coming to your place," he said. "You're falling for her," he added.

"I barely even know her," I said. He didn't seem convinced.

"When are you going to stop lying to yourself?" he asked.

"Alright it's true! but she wouldn't go for it anyway," I replied defeated.

"Since when do you give up on a challenge?" he asked.

"You forget I'm her boss, she's not that type of woman," I said.

"That doesn't change the fact that you like her, just use your charm, grow a pair and ask her out already," he said.

"You know what, I'm going to ask her out," I said.

What's the worst that could happen? She could say no.

"What about you?" I asked trying to distract myself.

"What about me? I don't want your girl if that's what you're worried about," he said.

"No, I just haven't heard you talk about any hook ups lately," I casually mentioned.

"I'm not going soft like you, I just haven't been out in a while, I plan on maintaining my bachelor lifestyle thank you very much," he said.

"We'll see about that, I mean before you know it you'll find someone.." I said.

"Let me stop you right there, I don't plan on settling down anytime soon," he said.

"You're seriously not going to tell me what you said to her or what you were talking about this morning?" I asked.

"Don't you have a company to run or something?" he asked.

"Perhaps but that can wait, this is way more entertaining, I mean you're getting all worked up and everything," I replied.

"Nope get out, I'm sick of your face," he said which made me smile.

We were like brothers, don't get me wrong I love my brother I just don't see him as often. This was the kind of friendship we had. No matter how mad or pissed off at each other we were, we could never stay mad ad each other for long.

"I assure you when you get a girlfriend I'll never let you live it down," I said walking out.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

35K!!!!!! I'm literally freaking out. So sorry for the wait. If you read the teaser you would know that I got sick. But oh well, who missed Xavier's point of view, I know I did ;) Let me know if there are any errors.

1068 words

Picture of Xavier at the top