Chapter 6 - Sleepover

Start from the beginning

But it was like he finally understood I needed to live my life as well, to explore and meet the world. I couldn't stay inside a house forever and pretend that it was alright. Dad realised that at last, and I couldn't feel more grateful for him being so accepting ever since we arrived here.

I brushed a strand of my hair away from my face. "Never mind. Is Naty coming then?"

Francesca sent me a small smile, knowing I wished to change the subject and went along with it. "That's what she said. I don't know if she'll actually show up."

"I hope she doesn't bring the diva with her. The last thing I want is her in Francesca's house." Camila glared at particularly no one, and huffed.

I shrugged. "Can't we kick her out if she comes? As Camila said, it's your house anyways, Fran. She has no right to be here if you don't want her to be."

"That's actually true." Francesca noted, "I hate her guts. But, say she comes, I suppose I'll have to allow her to stay, because otherwise there is no way she'll let Naty here without her."

I looked away with a sigh. "Can we make a bet that she'll come?"

"Don't jinx it!" Camila warned me with a playful glare and I smiled cheekily.

"Why would you--"

The doorbell rang that moment and our conversation cut short. We all shared a quick glance. "Speak of the devil?" I suggested and they nodded worldlessly.

Francesca got up and cleaned the table, motioning us to head to the door and open it instead of her. "I'll join you in a second."

I had high hopes that only one other person would be joining us tonight, and that would be none other than the curly-haired girl that was in most of my classes.

But, as my hand reached for the handle of the door and opened it, I realised it just wasn't meant to be.

In front of Camila and I, stood, besides Naty, the queen of arrogance herself. Ludmila was here, the fakest of smiles plastered on her face, as her eyes strayed from Camila to myself, eyeing me with distaste.

"Well, hello girls! How are you two tiny planets doing?" A faint smirk tugged at her lips, her plan to irritate us resulting in immediate success. I wanted her to leave. Now.

"Worse now that we've seen you. Would you care to elaborate as to why you show up at Francesca's house uninvited?" I retorted. Ludmila actually seemed a little taken aback, but her facade of an unbothered queen bitch had not gone away in the least.

She chuckled and twisted a piece of her blonde hair on her finger. "Natalia, my friend, invited me. Isn't that correct, Nat?" She sent her 'friend' a wink that didn't seem all that friendly to me, awaiting for her answer.

Naty coughed, and rubbed the back of her neck in a stressed way. "Actually--"

"Actually, you remembered how many times I have helped you in the past and now you decided to invite me to make more friends. Isn't that it?" Ludmila interrupted her before she even formed a sentence.

My annoyance was only growing by the second, and I wished for nothing more but Naty to be free of the cage Ludmila had her trapped in. She didn't deserve this. She deserved more - good friends, and a happy adolescence, not following someone around and doing as he pleased.