Prologue

"Ian! You better have the rent ready today, you punk!"

I groaned while grinding my teeth as I opened my eyes, being welcomed by the sound of the landlord banging on the door. Throwing the sheets of my half naked body, I darted towards the cupboard where my roommates kept their part of the rent and opened it.

"Ah fack no!" I exclaimed when I noticed the measly hundred dollar bill lying lonely on the shelve. Growling between my teeth, I slammed the cupboard shut and ran towards my pants, where I plucked my wallet out on the way towards the door. If the landlord wouldn't stop banging the damned door, he'd be standing in the middle of the room in a minute or two.

I rushed to unlock the door, since I knew that Sloan didn't want to be kept waiting before I opened it, revealing the chunky balled man, who's chest was heaving with every heavy breath he took before he spat, "Well? Where's my money you brat? You and your friends are way overdue."

My yaw ticked slightly as I tried to stay polite and understand the man's strong American accent. "Sorry sham, me friends didn't join in-" I started to explain but Sloan just took a menacing step forwards as he jabbed his chubby finger against my bare chest.

"I don't give a damn if you have to pay the rent all by yourself. I don't even care if you have to whore yourself around but I want my money. Do I make yourself clear?" He snarled inches away from my face while I held my breath.

What did this guy eat for breakfast? He reeks off garlic and booze.

Without saying another word, I just gave him the rent before I stepped back in my room and closed the door, trying my best to ignore the curses and shouting in the hallway before Sloan stomped off, uttering threats and cursing like a sailor before the door slammed shut with a resounding smack.

I couldn't focus though; I was too pissed off with my flat mates. Making a decision on the spot, I stomped towards the bedroom of the others and shoved the door open before I rolled my eyes again. Sam jumped up from his bed when the door smacked against it and he looked up with bloodshot eyes.

"What the fack is wrong with you sham?" He snarled, slurring the words as they came out before he held his head and groaned. I could feel me blood boiling in me veins as I took a step forwards. "You're all flamed again, aren't ya? I just got a nice visit from Sloan."

That seemed to sober him up a bit as Sam bleached and looked up, silently cursing under his breath. "Look mate, we'll pay ye back in a few days. We just wanted to have a grand night mate." He tried but I've had enough. This had happened six times, now the seventh time that I had to pay most of the rent while they had a grand night of clubbing.

"Yer as sharp as a beach ball mate. Didn't I tell ya the last time that I'd leave if I had to pay everything one more time? Have a craig night sham. I hope you facking enjoyed it." I snarled before slamming the door shut and went to my bedroom, where I quickly packed a bag and left when I heard them holler out to me.

"Ian! Come on mate!" I heard Eric shout out behind me but I just flipped him off and stuck my hand out to stop a cab. Just as I threw my bag in, a hand clamped on my arm to stop me, but I just spun around and drove my fist in Daniel's face.

"Kiss me arse!" I spat at them before jumping in the cab and telling the driver where to go. He sped off, obviously afraid that the others would jump his car if he waited any longer.

We were in the better parts of the city after a twenty-minute drive and I sighed slightly before I started preparing myself. When I arrived, I gave me thanks to the driver and walked up to the front door before I hesitantly knocked.

A few seconds passed before I heard a familiar voice shout, "Just a minute!"  I sighed in relief as a redhead opened the door and cautiously peeked around the corner. When she noticed me standing there, she let out a squeak before throwing the door open and jumped in my arms.