I sighed as the ceremony started. I hugged on August arm like a lost child and prayed this would be over very soon.

Throughout the funeral, they talked about how an amazing person Dawn was. How she was smart and just a very loved person. They even spoke about my mom. Saying she was now with her in heaven. My farther shared a few words along with some other people. After the ceremony, when it came down to lay her casket some people were crying out loud and August and I felt each other discomfort.  It felt awkward since we were like the only people who weren't crying. I mean I did just meet her so I basically didn't even know her.

We held each other hands as we placed a rose on top of her casket. Going back to our seats the stares from people never ended. I held my head low and walked over to Michael.

"Hey we're going to head out."

"Your not going to the repast?" He asked.

"No I'm kinda tired, but thanks." I smiled.

"Ok but I'll give you a call so we can meet up and talk."

"Alright bye and I'm sorry for your loss."

We shared a quick hug then August and I left. We walked back down the hill where the car was parked and got inside.

"You hungry?" August asked, buckling his seatbelt.

"Not really, but you want to go eat somewhere?"

"Yeah we can." He put the car in drive and pulled off.

"That was really awkward babe."

"Sure was, everyone was starin' at yo ass."

"That kinda pissed me off. They could've at least came up to me."

"They was probably nervous."

"I guess." I said, not believing that.

"You and Michael know each other?" I asked since he didn't say anything.

"Some like dat'."

"How?"

"I'll tell you another time."

"You can tell me now."

"Fawn, please. I will tell you another time." I could tell he was getting frustrated so I just dropped it.

I was ready to go home and get in my bed. I really didn't want to meet up with Michael but I did have a lot of questions that I could finally ask and move on with my life. It was weird they spoke on my mom today. It's like she was involved in Dawn's life, so I'm guessing Michael talked to Dawn about her. I just wished I got to know her before she died.

A U G U S T

"Don't go please." Fawn begged.

"I'm coming back Fawn." I pried her arms from around me.

"August." She whined.

"Why you actin' like this? I said I'm comin' back damn."

She didn't say anythin' else while I slid on my shoes. I don't know why she was actin' crazy. I fed her and we came home and took a nap together. I been with her all day.