Muggle London: Part Two

Start from the beginning

The only one who managed to stand up was Remus. He seemed to have a pretty good balance, but I suspect it was because he had taken his time to stand and pushed himself up with the chair using it as support.

So, with the other sprawled on the floor, we stared down at them as their superiors.

Sirius looked up at James, who was still lying on top off him, with a twinkle in his eyes. "I never knew you felt about me this way, Prongs," he said, his face completely serious. "But if you wanted me, you didn't have to jump on me, you only had to ask."

I rolled my eyes, helping James up off his friend/lover and held his shoulders to steady him. Once he was in place, I leant down to do then same with Sirius, who cracked at smile at me. "Oh, Evans," he said, as I began to help him up. "Get jealous because James loves me, did you?"

"Sorry, Black, I'm to busy helping your boyfriend." I decided that he didn't deserve helping, so halfway up I let go off his hand and let him drop back to the floor with a bang.

The others burst into laughter and Sirius had to struggle to get back up on his own, which he eventually did.

I turned to them, seeing that Peter had been helped up by Remus. "Okay," I informed them, back into teacher mode that I had already used once today. "Now for the difficult part: moving." I began to skate onto the rink and once I did, I stared at them. They all stared back expectantly, wanting more information. "Oh," I said, feigning surprise by placing a hand on my mouth. "You wanna know how."

They all nodded at this like it was obvious.
"Sorry," I laughed, doing a little twirl. "You're gonna have to work that out yourself. If I told you, it would be no fun for me."

They all glared and attempted to shuffle forward while I watched from the ring. Remus was the first to succeed, he then helped Peter and Sirius managed to push himself off the wall and slide into the ring. James, however, was stuck.

"Come on!" He yelled in annoyance, holding his arms out in attempt for balance. "Help me!"

I laughed and skated over to him. "What the Quiditch Captain can't balance on skates?"

He crossed his arms. "It's nothing like a broom," he protested, wobbling and putting his arms back out again. "My broom loves me, these skates clearly do not."

It was just like him to talk as if his beloved broom had feelings. However, I was beginning to feel sorry for him, so I took his shoulders and guided him to the ring. "You talk about your broom like you want to marry it."

He let out a small laugh. "Our relationship is more of a siblings sort," he muttered, focusing on his feet.

Once we made it onto the ring, I released him. The others were already half the way around: Sirius and Remus getting the hang of it and Peter pulling himself around the edge it large yanks. He was pretty red in the face and seemed to be drawing in large gulps of air, the poor guy clearly had terrible stamina.

I started to skate slowly next to James. "It should be easier here," I said, pointing at the floor. "It's flat."

He began to inch his feet forward, the move was only just edging him forward. It was kind off pathetic to watch really.

"You kind of have to push your feet behind you," I said, going a bit quicker to show him. "Like this."

When I turned back around to watch him, he had an expression of complete concentration on his face, like he really really wanted to do it: his eyebrows were knitted together, his eyes narrowed on the ground, biting his lip. Dragging my eyes away from his lips, I noticed he still wasn't really moving, so I took his hand and began to attempt to pull him around the ring. It was harder than I expected because he was heavier than me, but I could still do it.