Chapter 1: Enter John Spencer

Start from the beginning

What is your story, kid? But I'm not interested in finding out your mysterious backstory right now; I think he has other problems around him. As the boy put the money in his pocket, a random bystander came crashing through one of the walls of the building. It looks as though someone threw him in the building. But who and why... oh, it looks like those cybers don't know when to quit? The Cyberman brought two cybers with him. One looked as though his cyber enhancement centers around his feet; he had an ugly mug on his face and was shorter than the other one. He looked as if he was built to break bones with his huge physic and a tattoo on his arm that says "Death = You," and you can guess that they both have terrible black mohawks. Wait a minute, I've seen their picture around town, yeah like that picture on that wall, Cylix and Reed Brooks, the leaders of the cyber gang in Nerven. Man, this kid is toast. They are notorious for breaking down their target for spare parts for their members. Well nice knowing you!

The small cyber leader said with a deep voice, "aye, Cylix, do you think this is the kid Dennis was talking about?"

Cylix responded, "Probably, but to think a loser like Dennis can't even handle a kid."

"Oh brother, I should have known you would think the same as me."

"DENNIS!!! is this the brat you said not only stole 100 rubies from you but also broke 3 of our guys' jaws, 2 guy's spine, and one's leg in half?" Dang, no wonder you were running. The Cyberman that lost his money said," yes, that's the brat. I'm telling you, boss, something is really messed up about that kid. I've never seen moves like those. He attacked us for no reason either, and...."

"Did it sound like I care if he had a reason or not? I only care if he is strong, isn't that right, reed?!"

"Like always, you care too much about power, Cylix, but to outrun multiple cyber-enhanced humans does make me question what cyber enhancements this kid got."

"Well, are you going to stand there and not answer, or are you going to cry, kid?"

The boy is just standing there looking at them. What are you going to do, kid? The boy throws his backpack down and throws another smoke grenade at the Cylix. As the room fills with smoke, the boy makes a quick getaway through the hole in the wall; seeing Dennis standing in his way, the boy quickly jumps and kicks Dennis in the head and uses him as a launching spring. Dennis fell unconscious and in pain because the boy used as a launching pad was Dennis's face. The boy quickly made his escape. Cylix said to reed in a calm voice, "Reed."

"Yeah, don't worry, he can't escape." And like a flash of light, Reed caught up to the boy and looked as if the boy was just a scrawny jogger going against a track star. "You should have been able to tell that no one can outrun me, BOY!!"

With a quick kick to the ribs, the boy flew into an alley and crashed into some garbage cans. The boy got back coughing in pain. As the boy looked at the ground, he saw a shadow moving closer to him. It quickly slowed and grew more prominent. He knew instinctively to move out of the way. And dodge Cylix's fist hitting and breaking the ground.

Cylix said, "oh come on, kid, you really thought escape was an option. But I'll give you points for trying; not a lot of people try these days, right Reed."

"Right, they usually beg for mercy, say take my arm or leg, just leave them alone. And it goes on and on in that category."

"That so, I usually just tear their skulls. I don't really have time to listen to their bull anyway. But I can recognize true potential. You knew reed was about to kick you. Well, in truth, anyone would think that, so you block to minimize the damage but your arms kind of looking beat up there. How about you join us kid, we can use someone of your unique talents. Will even throw in a new arm for you."