Chapter 20 Daniel vs Janet

Trent says as the crowd cheered with anticipation "now let's set up this stage" as he said that the field begins to change a small hole appeared in the center arena. The gap starts to grow in size while the hole was growing both Daniel and Janet had to move back the hole was growing faster. The opening suddenly left a circular walkway around the arena with Janet and Daniel at opposite ends of the stadium. The hole looked as if it were bottomless but at the bottom was sharp spikes forming in the bottom.

At the walkway of this pit two short ledges that were opposite of each other and was not connected formed. At that moment poles of different lengths raised up and met at the same height as the ledges and on top of each pole was a little pad that met the circular shape of the poles. Trent then spoke to the crowd of people and said "you might not believe these spikes are real or you might wonder how we transformed the arena. Let me assure you this is real and this Colosseum is able to transform. To prove it we are throwing away this wild boar into the pit, and you can see it as it falls on the Zeppelin I came here on."

At that moment two workers who had the boar went close to the edge and thrown the squealing animal into the pit. The Zeppelin in the sky shown the wild pig falling down into the hole. Trent said, "in this pit, there are many cameras so will be able to see everything." The boar kept falling until it landed on the spikes. It was pierced all over its body. Everyone watched with excitement all except for Jack, John, and Lisa. Trent said "now we waited long enough let this battle start contenders go to your areas.

There are 12 targets in the pit, but there is one more target. The last marks are at the back on each contender. Now let's go! Let the fight begin!" Jane and Daniel went to the ledges and start to jump on one of the poles. The moment they took their first step on top of the poles they start to bounce at least 14 ft in the air. Both of them fell upon another pole.

Jane was thinking as she and Daniel jump on top each pole, she kept thinking how are we suppose to move in this. Daniel pulled out one of her crossbows and aim it at two poles Jane was about to jump on and shot at them. At that moment the masts were broken and missed it and were falling down into the pit while Daniel made a path for her to go down into the using the poles as a type of stairway. Jack reacted to his sister falling into the pit he said "Janet!" He got out of his seat and got ready to run into the pit, but John was holding Jack back before he started to jump into the pit. John said, "stop she safe."

Jack said "what are you talking about you coward?! She falls into her own death!" John said, "would you just shut up and look at the screen." Lisa said, "he's right; Jack just look at the screen." Jack saw on the monitor that Janet was holding onto two poles and she used her legs to stay on the poles. Jack pushes John back making him let go of Jack. Jack said, "you got lucky, reacher."

They then continue watching the monitor as Janet saw two of her targets. She pulled out one of her pistols and started shooting at her targets until Daniel used her crossbow and shot the gun out of Janet's hand. The gun fell out of her hand; she quickly caught it and started shot back at Daniel, but Daniel kept on jumping all over the area. Janet couldn't get a clear shot at her. So Janet began to climbing up to reach the top after she shot her two targets. Daniel while jumping around shot three goals that were near Janet. She shot the target right in the middle with such precision and accuracy.

At that moment Janet made it to the top of the poles in front of her was another pole on that she could use to bring herself back up she took her first step and then she began to bounce off of the pole. Janet kept falling off the pole, but soon she got the hang of it. Janet then quickly took out her pistols and began shooting at Daniel, but kept missing. Daniel starts shooting back; she grazed Janet's arm.

Janet was feeling the pain of the arrow that cut her arm, but she shook it off and kept shooting. The more both of them held jumping around, the more the poles begin to decrease in length causing them to slowly go into the pit on the Zeppelin their was a clock on the rest of the minutes have passed it said 45mins. As they were going deeper into the hole, Daniel kept mock Janet as she kept missing her shots. Janet was getting furious as she reloads her guns.