Chapter 25 A Friend's Return

As John and Edur starred at each other, John said to Edur "that was quite the speech you used right their Edur."

Edur said, "not as good as the fight between you and Lamont, so why are you here John?"

A man with a height little shorter than average, a little bit overweight, flushed light-pale skin, a scar on right arm said " right, I don't know what business you have with ed...." the man stopped talking and started staring at Janet he walked passed John and grabbed Janet's hand and said "well, who might you be beautiful?" Janet took her hand away from him and said in an angry expression "what do you think you're doing?!" The man said "I'm sorry cutie I forgot to give my name, Ren Singh, is my name and you have caught my eye. May I please have your name."

A tall girl with blonde hair, and had a muscular build, blue eyes, earring on her left ear, a tattoo on her left arm, wear a short sleeve jacket, the symbol says "there is no peace here." She said in an angry voice, "Ren stop talking to her we have to go and prepare for the next fight!" Ren said, "listen Astlyr, I'm kind of busy here. Let's talk later."

She grabbed Ren by his jacket and lifted him off the ground and said: " listen, Singh when we're finished with this tournament you'll have plenty of time to pick up chicks."

"Well, when you put it like that."

"Good now let's go." She said to Janet before she left "sorry for his behavior, my name is Lynn Astlyr."

Janet said, "it's ok."

"I can't wait to go against your team especially Lisa when you see her tell her that I'm waiting for her at the top."

"Ok, I tell her."

As Ren and Lynn left the group and entered their team's room.

John said, "Now that that's settled I'm just here to ask a few questions about your fight, how did you beat team Blue?"

"They thought we were easy prey, they fail to believe that a behemoth is not something that can be taken likely."

"Now I know it can't be that simple."

"Well if you want further details, I suggest you look at the recap."

"I saw you forced the other team to forfeit like he was in a trance of some kind."

"If that's all you have to say then, I have to ask you a question how did you survive that inferno?"

Janet said, "sorry that's a trade secret."

"If that's the case how I won is also a trade secret."

John said, "look I just want to know if you have seen a man with brown hair, black eyes, a crude cut, a scar on his right eye and one on his neck."

"Sorry I don't know who you talking about."

"He also has a robe with an emblem on the back of it." At that moment John took out a drawing of the emblem.

"I never saw the man your talking about, but that emblem looks like the king's shield, but it has an x in the middle where the gem should be."

"The king's shield?"

"You know, and there cracks around it, The shield has no special power it was more of a symbol of the five countries coming together in unity. The metal separating the four elements represented the dish's capital, the fire represented the 2nd Potential's capital, the water represents the Coalition's capital, the wind was the 3rd Enlightenment's capital, and the lighting represented the Last Credence's capital. Each country's capital has this shield in their cities. Some called it to shield of unity; some called it the shield of separation."