Virgins

Megan

I pushed and opened the hospital doors before I got in, Stiles following me. We drove here as fast as we could after Melissa called us. I spotted her in the reception and we made our way to her, once she saw us, she nodded at us.

"Hey."

"Hey." I replied her before she turned around.

"Over here." She said grabbing us by our arms. "And if you tell anyone that I showed you this, I swear to God, I will kill you painfully and slowly." She noticed my reaction at her words and quickly added a few more. "Oh, I was referring myself to Stiles, sweetheart."

"Why do you want to show us a body we've already seen?" Stiles asked rolling his eyes and ignoring her previous statement.

"Because you haven't seen everything."

We entered the room where the bodies were stored. There were two, both covered with a blanked. Melissa leaded us to the one closer to the door and uncovered it.

"See this around his neck?" She said indicating it. "That's a ligature mark. That means that he was strangled with something, like cord, rope..."

"Okay, wait a second." Stiles cut her off. "What kind of werewolf strangles someone?" He asked and then looked at me. "You know, that's not very werewolf-y." I nodded. He was right. At least that I know, us werewolves don't usually kill strangling our victims, we have other quicker methods.

"My thoughts exactly." Melissa kept going. She turned the dead guy's head to the left and showed us his side. "And then there's this."

Stiles looked away immediately. You could see part of the poor guy's brain through the basically hole he had on the side of his head.

"God, man, what is that? Is that brain matter? Yeah, it's brain matter, of course." He said trying to stay strong and look at the opened head.

"See the indentation? He was hit in the back of the head, hard enough to kill him." Melissa continued indicating and explaining, now practically talking to me, since Stiles looked like he was about to faint. "In fact, any one of these things could have killed him. I mean, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead."

"All right, so then this couldn't have been Boyd or Cora, you know?" I turned to Stiles, making him look at me. "They wouldn't have done all that.

So maybe this is just one murder."

"I mean, yeah, maybe it's just a random coincidence."

"I don't think it was just one." Melissa spoke and we both turned to her.

"How come?"

"Because that girl over there, she's got the exact same injuries." We turned around to the other covered body in the room. We walked towards it and Melissa uncovered it. Once I saw the girl's face, it took me just a few seconds to realize I had seen her before. She was Heather, the girl from the party.

"The M.E. said this one wasn't just strangled." Melissa explained us. I looked at Stiles to see his reaction. He was in shock, staring at her motionless and pale body. Some tears started filling his eyes and I placed my hand on his shoulder to try to comfort him. "Whoever did it used a garrote, which is a stick that you put through the rope, and you just kind of keep twisting, and Stiles?" Melissa noticed his reaction and stop talking to apologize. "Oh, my God, did you know her? I'm so sorry. I didn't even think."

"I was-" He started with a cracked voice. "I was at her party."

"It was her birthday." I said to not make him talk, since it had affected him. But he wanted to talk.