Chapter 9, Fleeing the Scene

Chapter 9: Fleeing the Scene

The same morning as chapter 8

Marie's PoV

I know I can't stay any longer, it's far too dangerous. I heard someone going into Alex's apartment last night. I'm assuming it was his father, in which case I'd better hurry up.

I've packed only the essentials, and I'm leaving my payment for the past month, seeing as I won't need my apartment after I've run away. It just goes to show that when you are on the run, you can't trust anyone. Not even someone you love.

I bite my lip as I check my bag for the last time. My head jerks up as I hear a crashing sound from right out my door.

Someone pounds on my door.

"Mama, why are we here?" I stared up at her.

"It's the safest place in town Marie. Nothing can get through the door."

I hear pounding, "Mama, are you sure?" She smiled. "Yes."

I shook my head to get rid of the wisps of memories I had always pushed away.

The pounding hadn't stopped, so rushing into the bathroom I locked the door.

I heard a loud crack, then a splintering crash. As my eyes widen I force open the window. Someone had broken down my door.

Chucking my bag down I grab the ledge and swing over to a tree to climb down.

As I run and grab my bag I see someone looking out of my bathroom window. Their face was contorted in rage. The same expression they wore when they killed my mother.

I picked up my bag and ran.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yoooo
A little flashback action :P
Umm, the remaining chapters are mostly the same events, but from different PoVs.

Don't worry I'll keep it consistent :)

Kisses
~Archer