Chapter 8: Trusting the bad boy

Start from the beginning

"Patrick, Please. I cannot eat any more. Or I'll be sick." I say softly, hoping that I do not anger him or any of the others in the room.

I hear Patrick give a heavy sigh before I am turned around to face him. I blush at the position we are now in. I am straddling his waist and his hands are placed on either of my hips. Patrick smirks slightly at my blush before his face returns to a neutral look.

"You never have to be scared of me, I would never do anything to hurt you." He whispers as I feel him place a soft kiss on both my temples.

"Well you did kidnap me." I remark smartly.
It is silent until, Patrick's best friend bursts out in a fit of laughter followed by everyone else in the room.

"Reade, she does have a point right there." He burst to holding his stomach as he rolls over with laughter.

That boy is definitely special. I will be staying as far away as I possibly can from that one. Who knows what kind of crazy he is. Patrick doesn't laugh he continues to look down at me in shock. I guess some of my normal attitude is returning. I don't know if he likes it or not but something about him makes me feel safe. I feel as though he would never hurt me.

"I like her Patrick. You need to find someone likes this beautiful young lady. Maybe even this beautiful lady right here." Mrs Reade said teasingly before winking at the both of us.

Now it was my turn to stare in shock whilst Patrick laughed. He found that funny, whereas I found it weird. Not many parents talk to their kids like that. Especially if they have another person straddling them. Well I don't know what normal parents would do. I don't have any.

My mum abandoned me when I was about 5 and she never looked back and, my father has never been mentioned, he could be dead for all I know.

I wish that I had a normal life like all the other kids that I went to school with. They all had at least one loving parent in the lives at one stage or another. Whereas my mother never loved me at all and my father I have never known.

Some days I wonder if I should have ever been born. Most of my life something or another has gone wrong. The Henry situation has definitely been the last straw. Why am I even here anymore? Why does my life have to be so fucking difficult to everyone else?

My grandparents and uncle, never even noticed the bruises or the marks on my skin. Leon was completely oblivious. Some days I wonder if they had actually noticed them but, choose to ignore everything. Can I even trust anyone? Leon and I have been drifting further and further apart every day. Will he even believe me when I tell him about Henry? I know he noticed the bruises today but, he was far too interested in getting to football practice.

I fell as thou I slip under the radar, a doomed soul, someone to travel the earths forever in abundant unhappiness. I can never be happy, I started to realise this. Every bit of happiness that I have has somehow been taken away from me. There is no such thing as love, there is only lust.

"Cupcake! As much as I am loving this position. I think it is time for us to talk."

Oh. Something tells me that this is not going to go very well. The room has once again become tense and awkward. I can sees sympathy in some of their eyes and then curiosity in others. They all have questions to ask they, are just too afraid to ask.

"Before you start drilling this girl, why don't we move to the lounge room so, that we are a little bit more comfortable." Mrs Reade suggest.

Derrick had a smirk on his face as he walked into the room and was even holding in his laughter. Patrick led me towards the lounge and gently placed m down on a two seater before seating down next to me. He looks at Derrick with a raised eyebrow just as he burst out laughing.