Chapter 6: The Truth

Začať od začiatku

"What did you do?" I ask once again.

Logan shakes his head of wispy brown hair and tries to suppress his grin. He fails. I fall in love even more.

"I am Louis, the owner of this shop as well as the founder." The man tells me. Nodding I continue to stare at him, awaiting whatever is hiding beneath the plastic of the cover. "Please take off your shirt, Mr. Alexander."

Blushing I look at the two guys. Yes, I am a guy who is supposed to be used to hot summer days of no shirts and just shorts. But, I also am probably the shyest person in the store and I can't change in front of two people, one of which I have just met.

"Caleb?" Logan questions, giving me skeptical look.

Sighing, I look at Louis and sends me an asking look. I rub the back of my neck, reaching down to one of the countless t-shirts I own. This one is a graphic design of one of the famous superheroes who saved New York from disaster.

"Wait," Logan holds up his hand before the edge of the shirt reaches my belly button. "I want to discuss ties with you. Louis." Logan's hand grasps the dressing room door handle and I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"But-"

"I'm thinking a nice summer blue or a fall red." Logan sends me a wink as he shuts the door behind him. His hauntingly wicked smile is matched with his silver lip ring, completing his goofy yet mysterious look.

When I'm alone in the room, I strip myself of the clothes and open the bag on the hanger. A crisp noir suit meets my gaze and I tilt my head to the side. Would it fit me the way Logan said it should?

Well, there's only one way to find out, Genius.
I pull on the articles of clothing one piece at a time. When I'm on the last of the dress shirt's button, a knock at the door is heard.

"Mr. Alexander. May we come in?" Louis questions.

"Come in!" I call, hurriedly buttoning the last of them.

Logan's soothing topaz eyes meet my azure ones, causing my anxious heart beat to calm itself slowly. When he smiles at me, I grin, noticing that we are, in fact, the same height. It's easier to kiss him that way.

"You look great, Da Vinci." Logan's eyes look at me through the mirror I'm staring into. "And," he steps up next to me, fixing my slightly crooked collar. "You are wearing a bright blue tie."

Nodding, I agree with him.

"I thought orange would be better. It contrasts your eyes and light hair." Louis shrugs, looking at the blazer still hanging.

Staring at Logan's face, I notice him grimace when the elder man says the bright color. It appears to me that he physically gags at the suggestion.

"You look so..." Logan drags on the statement, but I understand. Just from the intense look in his eyes, I understand. Because, I have that same look when I stare at him.

*****

Twin crimson doors close off the Williams' larger than life house. Fancy, metal black lampposts frame the brick stairs leading to the entrances.

"Are you okay?" Logan asks, stepping up next to me from the path separating the driveway and house. His lip ring is not hooked into his skin, and his hair is clean and neat, signaling the importance of today's events.

"Just peachy," I say sarcastically as I nudge him. "Ring the doorbell, Boss Man."

"Scared to do it yourself?" His eyebrow quirks up as his hand reaches for the silver doorknob. "I used to live here. I don't ever knock."