I'm Stunned

Chapter Twenty-Two: I'm Stunned
Annabeth's P.O.V.

I WAS WATCHING my silver fox fly around the room when the elf appeared. I watched him scurry across the room and approach Harry... I knew at once that this couldn't be good. I found earlier in the year that most elves were prone to stay in the kitchen and out of sight.

"Who's 'she,' Dobby?" Harry asked the elf. It raised it's head, crossed eyed. The horror was visible in both of their faces. "Umbridge? Is she coming?"

"Yes, Harry Potter, yes!" The small creature howled.

Harry turned towards us quickly, "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? RUN!"

I grabbed Percy's hand, running towards the exit. We just had to make it out and make it far enough not to be caught. The Common Room would be too far away... but maybe the Owlery would do. Yes, the Owlery sounds great!

Percy was pulling me along as we weaved through the bodies, trying to avoid stepping on other's feet when I stopped in my tracks. It had just hit me, the list.

"Annabeth, what are you waiting for?" Percy asked, trying to pull me along.

"The list," I told him, "the one with all our names on it, when we signed up. It's still here, in the room."

His eyes widened in understanding. Umbridge would certainly raid the room looking for evidence if she wasn't able to find us. It would be easy, the list was in a pretty obvious place, hanging on the wall with a temporary sticking charm.

We had to get it, and fast. I let go of his hand and sprinted across the room reaching the back wall. I tried to rip it down... but it was stuck from the sticking charm. Gods, why can't I think of the spell to get it down?

"Annabeth, just leave it or otherwise we'll be caught!" Percy said.

"It's better that we get caught than everybody else."

"Weren't you the one who was rambling on about not being caught for months?"

"Percy, not now!" I pulled out my wand, but I still couldn't think of the reversal charm.

I think I heard him mutter something like 'girls' before a loud cackling filled the room. I turned around to see Pansy Parkison, the Slytherin Fifth Year Prefect laughing. I pointed my wand, but she was quicker.

"Expelliarmus!" she said and my wand flew out of my reach. Percy rushed forward, but unlike me he forgot to get his wand. He fell to the ground as soon as the words 'Locomotor Wibbly' left her mouth. The Jelly-Leg Jinx.

"So Chase, Jackson," she said. "What are you going to do now? I've won, and Professor Umbridge is so going to award me for your capture."

I saw Percy reach for his wand, but Pansy's eyes were still on me. Percy only has one shot, so he better get it.

"Stupefy!" he cried, and a jet of red light flew out of his wand. Pansy's eyes widened when the spell flew past her... just a foot to her left. Di Immortals.

"Oh, do you wanna play that game- huh!" Pansy shrieked. "Insnara!"

I cried out as a long rope made of fire flew from her wand and wrapped itself around Percy. It didn't seem to hurt him, but I could see curls of smoke coming from his robes. I ran across the room, dodging Pansy's spells, and grabbed my own wand.

"S- Stupefy!" I yelled, and the red jet of light hit pansy squarely in the chest. I cringed as she fell to the floor. I was about to run out of there when I heard another voice.

"Pansy, what's taking so long?"

The blonde boy entered the room, Draco Malfoy. I held my wand up to my chest in defense, could I stupefy him too? At this point there was already two witnesses and things were not looking good for us. Before I could act, I saw was his lips moving and a flash of light... then there was darkness.