Harry's Girl Skills Are Worse Than Octavian's

Chapter Nineteen: Harry's Girl Skills Are Worse Than Octavian's
Percy's P.O.V.

CHRISTMAS PASSED QUICKER than I thought it would. Most years, around Christmas I'm on a life endangering quest and rarely home for the actual holiday, but this year on Christmas Eve Annabeth and I took a cab to my mom's apartment.

I hadn't seen her and Paul but only twice after the Giant War. By the looks of it, things were going on fine since I had left for Hogwarts.

It was a quiet Christmas. No monsters. No deaths. No threats(except when it came to mom's cooking- I'll put up a fight when it comes to her frosted blue sugar cookies).

When the time came, I returned to camp just to leave for Hogwarts the next day. Apparently this time around we'll be flying on pegasi because Festus is in the repair shop(apparently changing the oil on a gigantic fire breathing dragon is more difficult than your typical oil change) and none of us are willing to travel by portkey again.

On the Sunday morning after New Years the five of us gathered on Halfblood Hill. Out of all five of us, Piper was the last to arrive. Her skin was marked with lipstick, and what I think was nail polish stained her clothes.

"Piper!" Annabeth says, "What happened?"

"Drew happened. She didn't like it when I suggested that she actually stuck to the cabin's schedule and take part in the work," Piper said shaking her head.

"That makes absolute perfect sense," Leo said.

"Pretty much," Piper said. "I managed to get away before she got the hairdryer out."

"The fatal wrath of the hairdryer," I whispered and Annabeth bursted out laughing.

"Really seaweed brain?"

"You think you'd learn to expect things like that from me."

"Oh I have."

"So," Nico said suddenly, "when are we leaving?"

"Any moment now that we're all here," I said. Concentrating, I called out to Blackjack.

Blackjack, come on we're ready. Bring some others with you.

A few seconds later, five different pegasi landed in front of us.

"Yo boss-"

"No donuts," I tell Blackjack.

Annabeth laughed, "Don't worry Blackjack. Next time I'll bring you some."

"See, Annabeth likes me," he says.

"What'd he say?" Annabeth asked me.

"He said the Donuts can wait just one time."

Hey! Blackjack stomped his hooves into the ground.

"You liar," Annabeth said, getting on Porkpie.

"You guys ready?" I turned to the other three. Piper and Leo were on their pegasi while Nico's was staying away from him completely.

"I'm not sure about this," he says. "I'll be fine shadow traveling-"

"Yes! Let him shadow travel!" cried out the pegasi, "The son of Hades is so-"

"I think it best that we go together," I tell him, "but it seems that your pegasus agrees. So I'd go for it. Just don't let anyone see you."

"Alright. I'll meet you guys at Hogsmeade," he says disappearing.

"We shouldn't have let him do that, the last time-"

"Was over a month ago Annabeth. It's not his fault he was late for Care of Magical Creatures- Neville wouldn't leave him alone."