Chapter 14: Bacon and Spanish

(a/n) I just realized that I've never directly said what Reese and Allison actually look like. XD So, to help your imaginations, the girl on the cover is Reese (but I'm pretty sure you've already figured that out--I hope), and the girl in the pic above is Allison. You're welcome, haha. :)

P.S. More entries have opened in the 5SOS Watty Awards by @kingsinbands! This time, I need you guys to vote for me under UNDISCOVERED GEMS, LURING TITLE, ARTISTIC COVER, HUMOR, and DISTINGUISHED PLOT. Just follow the same instructions as before. Thanks for all of your help! :)

I didn't think that I would be able to sleep after that encounter, and I was both right and wrong. I did sleep, but it was a light doze. Each time I was caught up in a nightmare, and I would jerk awake in a cold sweat. It went on like this for hours until I got a headache and decided to get up.

It was actually pretty late when I rose, almost eleven. Having nightmare-filled naps was better than having no sleep at all, so I had persisted with it as long as I could. Allison was already awake, and she wasn't the only one.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and promptly bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry, Ally Al," I mumbled without looking up.

"Does my chest feel round and squishy to you?"

I flinched and woke up entirely. I found myself staring at someone's chest, and I reclined my head backwards. Ashton was looking down at me, and I instantly took a step back. I stood on someone's foot, and they cried out. I jumped back and saw Luke shaking his foot out.

"Geez, your heel is sharp," he grunted, gingerly placing his foot back on the ground.

"What are you guys doing up?" I gasped. "Allison might catch you!"

"She's actually the one who set us free," Ashton informed me. "Apparently she trusts us now that Calum made out with her."

"That is one image I will never get out of my head," Luke said with a shudder.

"You and me both, bro," I muttered under my breath. "Where are the lovebirds, anyway?"

"Making brunch, I think?" Ashton said curiously, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder. "That, or they're banging on the kitchen table. They can't keep their hands off of each other."

"A little over the top, if you ask me," Luke chipped in.

"Well, according to Calum, she's a good kisser," I grumped. "So why wouldn't they?"

The two exchanged glances. "We're just going to slowly back away now," Ashton said, and they began to creep away from me.

"Luke!" Allison yelled from the kitchen. "I need you!"

The lead singer groaned. "Wish me luck. And a frying pan would be nice."

"Bad luck," Ashton said, and his friend slapped him lightly.

I couldn't help but sigh wistfully to myself. Why couldn't I have a friend like that? Why couldn't I have a friend at all?

I walked deeper into the lounge, and I got a good look at what was going on. Allison was attempting to make breakfast, but Calum kept kissing her neck and distracting her. His hands were placed on her hips, rubbing little circles on her back, and my heart burned hotter than ever.

I glanced away and spotted Luke making kissy faces at the couple whenever they weren't looking, all the while trying to cook a decent meal. I smiled slightly to myself, despite my better nature.

Ashton had sat next to Michael on the couch, and he was watching the guitarist play a video game. His eyes were glazed over and his mouth was open slightly, making him look like a complete moron.