Ninety Six

Kylie:
In the morning I was woken up by someone shaking me, I slowly opened my eyes to find my daughter looking at me with eager eyes. She pointed to the hallway and tip toed out of the room. I glanced over at Dean, who was sleeping soundly for the first time in God knows how long, and I smiled before quietly getting out of bed and walking over to the hallway.

Outside I slowly pulled the door shut to avoid the creaking noise it always makes when you try to close it quickly.

"What is it?" I asked and she held out her phone. "He asked if i could come over and since I don't have a car-" "You were seeing if I'd drive you?" I asked, finishing her question and she nodded. I sighed. "You know the rules, we both have to know. Let me go wake up your father." "No!" she exclaimed, whispered. "He'll never let me go." I shook my head, putting a hand on her shoulder, "He will, and if he doesn't I'll talk to him. But I don't want any of this sneaking off business unless things are heated up around here."

She stared at the ground frowning. "It's always 'heated' around here." she muttered and I crossed my arms. "It's amazing that you're in your sassy teenager phase but please. I'm trying to be understanding Bells."

"Sorry."

I nodded and walked back into the room, sitting on Dean's side of the bed and I gently shook him awake. "Dean?" I whispered and he opened his eyes, "Morning gorgeous." I rolled my eyes as he looked at me sleepily with his fanfiction green eyes.

He sat up, "Why'd you wake me up? Is Bella okay, are you pregnant-" "No! Dean, no I am not pregnant. I don't want any more kids at the moment." I told him jumping up and turning red. He laughed, "Alright, so we don't have another kid," he sounded just a relieved as I felt. "so what is it then?"

I rubbed my neck looking over at where Bella was standing (he hadn't noticed due to the fact his back was turned) "Bella wanted to ask if she could go over to see her boyfriend and she needed a ride."

He frowned and sighed. "She can go but the next time they meet we have to have a nice sit down with that boy."

He said "that boy" like an angel would refer to a demon.

"That okay with you Bells?" I asked and she nodded, "Yep! I'll tell him I'll be over in a bit!" she said nearly skipping away.

Dean raised an eyebrow then rubbed his eyebrows. "Were you ever that excited about a boy when you were her age?" "Because of that whole family dying incident, no I was kind of focused on finding my little brother." I said, as nonchalantly as a person could. He stood up and looked at me. "I didn't-" "It's fine Dean. It happened, shit happened, we moved on. Mostly, moved on." I added, adding a ring of truth to my statement and he sighed. "So you want to drive her?" "Yeah that's fine with me." I replied, grabbing a sweatshirt, and throwing on some jeans.

Tyler had seen me in better times so right now I wasn't going for the "impressive mother" look. I was trying more for the "I totally didn't just get out of bed" look.

After grabbed a coffee to go and kissing Dean goodbye we were out of the door.

As soon as she Tyler, her face lit up and she ran over to him. He picked her up and spun her around in his arms like they did in the movies.

"You two are sweet." I said from the car and Bella blushed. "Okay y'all know the rules. Don't let me catch, hear, or see you two doing what happened the other time. Stay in public places. Maybe at your motel where your brother can see you. I'll be back at five." I told them and they nodded before I drove back home.

On the drive back home I drove through some of the streets and I saw a little boy curled up in an ally asleep and curled up.

Before I even knew what I was doing, the car was parked and I was getting up.

The little boy looked around eight years old, dirty blond hair, and smudges of soot on his body. He was curled up next to a dumpster and I gently shook him awake. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked gently and he looked at me like a frightened puppy before slowly nodding. I held out my hand and the small boy gently took it.

We didn't have to go too far before finding a food vendor and he said, "I'm sorry to make you buy me something Ms." "It's okay, don't worry, what's your name?" "Charlie." he said quietly, looking down as if the sidewalk was suddenly very interesting. "Well, Charlie, feel free to get anything you'd like." I said smiling at him and he looked at me like a kid his age would look at Santa.

"Thank you!" he exclaimed before hugging me, barely taller than my waist. I hugged him back and smiled. "It's not a problem Charlie, really." he had tears in his hazel eyes and I wiped them away. "No, no, please don't cry!" I said, kneeling down and he smiled. "I'm just- thank you."

After that I sent him up to the counter to go look at the different foods to see what he'd order and I pulled out my phone.

"Dean?"

"Yeah, what's taking you so long?"

"Um...you see...I found this homeless kid. Named Charlie-"

"Didn't you just say you didn't want kids?"

"I didn't want to have kids personally, drama, pain, yelling, bills."

"So you want to bring him back to the bunker?"

"...Possibly."

"We'll keep him for a little bit. No mention being a hunter around the kid though, and we'll have to explain it to Bella."

"She'll probably dote over him."

"Maybe, let's prepare just in case."

"Okay, listen he's coming back over, I'll be back in a little bit. Love you Dean."

"Love you too."

Charlie came back over and tugged on my sleeve, pointing at what he'd like to order.

After eating more food than I've ever seen a kid his age eat I picked him up and walked him to the car, where before we even go there he'd fallen asleep.

When we finally got back to the bunker, I poked his side, "Charlie, we're where I live." "With...Dean?" he asked, trying to think of his name and I laughed. "Yes, that's my husband." He smiled, "He's very lucky then."

Have I mentioned how darn tooting adorable kids can be?!

We walked in, him holding my hand and I smiled down at him. "Here we are." I told him, opening the door and he looked around in awe. "Whoa, it's so big!" he exclaimed running down the steps and into the library, as he ran his hands over every book he could reach.

Dean walked in and saw me, before walking over.

"Chalie, this is Dean. Dean, Charlie." I told them and Dean knelt down. "Hey kid." "Hi!" he said quickly before running off again. Dean stood up and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Well, aren't you the Good Samaritan today?" "Hush." I replied, swatting his arm and I looked at him, "What about the dung-" "Locked up tight, child proof-"

"WHAT'S THIS ROOM IT'S DARK AND-"

"Dean!" I yelled, scowling at him, and running off to find Charlie before he could find any more things that weren't child friendly.

Eventually, I got him to calm down and somehow managed to convince him it was a storage room that we kept on hand.

Somehow.

I laughed and he asked, "Um...where will I be staying?"

Bella's room was out, with Dean and I? No, his nightmares were too bad. It would scare the poor kid to death. That left Kyle and Drew's old room.

As much as it killed me, I figured they'd like to give Chalie their old room.