Ten

Kylie:

     "Hey, where's Sam?" Bella asks as she wakes me up and I rub my eyes. "Huh, where is he?" I mutter, still half asleep and I sit up. She looks at me as if expecting me to know. "Did you check his room?" I ask sitting up and trying to stay awake. Bella shook her head, "No, sorry Ill go check now ."

     With that she ran out of the room and I shook my head with a laugh, then just slap my forehead. I forgot to ask her how Dean is this morning.

     I grab a jacket and slip it in as I walk out in my sweatpants. (Yeah, it should become a fashion statement.) "Get up Uncle Sammy!" I hear Bella yell from the other room and I laugh to myself.

     Sam and Bella walk out shortly after and he glares at me, "Did you send your daughter to pounce on me?" "Nope she did that of her own free will." I reply and he frowned. He picked her up and look at her, "Youre lucky you're cute, you know that?" Bella smiled innocently. She obviously knew how to use her child cuteness to her atantage.

     Dean walked out and rubbed his neck, "I forgot how uncomfortable that couch was."

     Apparently he hadn't seen us because he jumped when he saw us. "Oh...morning..." he said and I looked at Sam. "By the way, I think she was headed to Bobby s house." Sam set down Bella and nearly ran out the door. "See you later! I have a girlfriend to apologize to!"

      Technically it was Dean's fault. Just sayin.

      I looked at him. "So, how was that couch?" He frowned, "I just told Sam where Tess is, doesn't that make up for me being an asshole?" Bell glared at him, "Dad! You just cursed, you owe me a quarter!" Dean pulled one out of his pocket and tossed it to her. "Pleasure doing business with you kid."

     He looked at me (you know as Bella skipped away giggling, "I got money from Daddy!") and sighed, "So, am I forgiven?" "You're starting to aound like your brother," I stated, frowning.

     I wanted an apology from Dean, not Sam-Dean, my Dean. I know it's stupid. It wasn't even something that happened to me, he did it to my best friend but it hurt me just as much.

     Dean laughed, "So, babe, are you starting to forgive me?"

     Slightly better.

      "When Tess comes back you'll be forgiven," I said, crossing my arms and he pouted. "So no kisses until then?" "Nope." "No make outs?" He asked innocently and I rolled my eyes. "No." "No se-" "No!" I exclaimed, turning red. "God no, I don't want another kid for a while!"

      My cell phone rang. "Hello, Kylie Shae, lawyer's office," I said. (What? We all need a cover and I did go to law school... for a semester...) "Hey, it's Sam. Dean was right about where Tess was," he said into the phone.

      "Well have you seen her?" I asked, trying to avoid looking at my husband. "Her car, that's all I've seen. Just wanted to let you know."

       The phone hung up and I wanted to ask a million other questions.

     "So, was I right?" Dean asked and I nodded. "Yeah, lucky too. You know how stupid it was to send Tessa away? It hurt all of us, including Bella."

       He looked at me with his green eyes.

        Fudge! He made me lose my train if thought.

       Stupid gorgeous green eyes.

       "Sorry," he said, "would coffee start to make you forgive me?" "Possibly." I stated.

     Dean laughed and smiled as he headed into the kitchen.

      How was Sam going to make up for everything?  That was a conversation I would have loved to see, but I couldn't. It was their moment.

      "Do you want Irish Cream or French Vanilla?" He asked, poking his head into the fridge. "Irish Cream, and you said you know me well," I teased and he rolled his eyes as he pulled it out and started a fresh pot.

    For me coffee time was any time:

     Stressed? Coffee time.

     Thirsty? Coffee time.

     Partially Sleepy? Coffee time.

    Happy? Coffee time.

   "How'd you sleep last night?" He asked, trying small talk.

    Truthfully? I'd gotten so used to sleeping him sleeping with me (literally. Don't. Take. That. ANY. Other. Way)  that it felt empty.

    "I've had better," I said with a shrug, trying to sound nonchalant.

     Yeah... he saw right past that.

     He raised an eyebrow, "Really?" "It was awful,"  I said with a sigh.

    Last night I had a nightmare about James, he and I were stuck in the forest and the Grimware killed him.

   "James?" Dean asked and I nodded. Course the coffee chose that second to ding ready.

    When he handed the to me (with the creamer) he asked, "Was it the forest again?" I nodded.

    It seemed whenever I had a dream about James, it always happened in the forest. Every time, it got worse.

    He looked at me sympathetically, "I'm sorry I wasn't there." "Stop sounding like Sam," I muttered, taking a sip of the coffee.

    I set the drink down and sighed, "Anyway, maybe it's just all of the stress." He put his arms around me, "Guess I wasn't helping with that." "I know you weren't helping with that." I replied, looking at the ground.

      My phone rang, and I stepped back. "Sam?" "Everything's worked out. She said she'll come back. One on condition."

      God almighty, I hate conditions.

      "She said he'll have to try to be less of a jackass. I was quoting her for the record."

       I relayed the message and Dean narrowed his eyes , "That's like asking a dog not to piss on a fire hydrant." (Insert glare look from me) "Fine, I'll try to be less of a jackass," he says, his hands up.

     "Alrighty Sam, you've got yourself a less jackassy brother," I said and I heard a whooping noise in the background from Tess.

     I hung up and smiled. "Thank god everything worked out," I whispered as I drained my drink. Dean smirked, "Can I get that kiss?" "Fine," I said as I gave him a quick one before Bella came in. "Ew!"