Nineteen

Tessa:

    "I can't wait for you to meet them," I say as I open the door for the bunker. Kylie is sitting down but he boys are standing. Sam looks surprised. But I stride up purposely despite the looks he is giving me. I kiss him hard and he kisses me back, bear hugging me and spinning me in a circle. "I missed you," he whispers, leaning his forehead against mine. "I told you she'd come back," Dean says. "Put me down babe," I sigh, wanting to hug Kylie. He groans but does what I ask and I hug her tight. "I'm sorry," I mutter. "I know," she says back, tearing up as Bella comes down.

     "Tess!" She yells. I lean down and scoop her up and "Hey sweetie, you should be asleep," I say, transferring her to my hip. "I know, but I love you," she says, starting to cry. "Oh Jesus, I am going to cry now. Lemme go call my parents. You can introduce me in a minute," Kim says with teary eyes and a cracking voice. I smile but start crying too. Bella puts her head against my neck and I look at Sam who nods and wraps his arms around us, kissing my head. "I love you," he says. "I'll take Bells back to her bed and then we should do the same after meeting your new friend," Dean says, coming over and taking Bella out of my arms.

    I wrap my arms around Sam tight and just cry into his plaid shirt. "I have no idea why I did that," I laugh sadly, sitting beside Kylie and grabbing her hand. "Me either. You have always been the flight girl. Your fight or flight is off balance," she jokes, nudging my shoulder. "Alright, that's over. My name is Kim, I've heard a lot about you," Kim says, sticking his hand out to Sam. They shake hands and Sam just says his name. "Dean, nice to meet you," Dean says when he comes back down Bella-less.

     "Why don't you get some sleep and we'll talk more in the morning," Kylie suggests after introducing herself. I nod and Sam picks me up bridal style. As he carries me up stairs I hear Kim call after us. "Make good choices sugar!" I smile and lean against Sam. "I'm sorry about the other girl," he mutters as I change into one of his t-shirts that are ridiculously baggy on me. "I know you are, but if it happens again, you will spend eternity in the dog house," I say cuddling against him. "I love you," he sighs.

     I wake up and smile when Sam is still next to me. "Hi," I say, as he tucks hair behind my ear. "Two days and I went crazy. You are NOT hunting today," he says, pulling me closer and kissing me. "You think you can control me?" I ask, raising my eye brows as I get dressed. "I wouldn't dare try," he responds, just watching. "You are a mess," I say, looking at the bags under his eyes and his stubble. "I haven't shaved or slept for two days. I know I am a mess doll face," he says. I go downstairs and sit on Kim.

     "Yo!" He exclaims, pushing me off. "You were in my way and my show is on!" I say, turning on the television. "You watch the people's court?" He asks, rolling his eyes and sitting up. "Stop judging me," I say. "Tessa!" Sam screams and it sounds like he is in pain. I bolt off the couch with Kim on my heels.

     We get to my bedroom and Sam has blood gushing out of his side. "Get the first aid kit! It's under the sink down stairs!" I order Kim and I sit next to Sam on the bed. "What happened?" I ask. "Popped stitches that I got on a hunt," he shrugs, still sounding like death. I grimace and get the hem of his shirt. He hisses between his teeth as I pull it up. "Sorry," I say, trying to be careful. It looks way more major than something we can patch up here. "Sam,you need to be at a hospital. Like now baby, we can't fix this here. I'll get my keys. Lemme get Dean to help you tot he truck," I say, trying to keep the panic out of my voice. "Get the bleeding down," I order Kim as I pass him in the hallway.

     "Dean , we need to take Sammy to the hospital. He is losing a lot of blood," I say, my eyes swimming in tears and my voice trembling. "Okay, okay, get the blood off your hands and join me in the truck. He's going go be okay. I promise," Dean says, cupping my face with his hands and looking directly in my eyes. "What's going on?" Kylie asks, dazed. "I'll let you know when. We know," Dean says, kissing her and standing up. "Stay here with Bella and Kim," he instructs.

       I go down to the sink and start scrubbing at my hands and the blood doesn't come off. "Stop, let's just go," Dean says, pulling me away from the sink. We get to the hospital and they take my Sam away on a gurney and I turn to Dean as the doctors start yelling orders at each other and cry on his shoulder. He holds me tight and strokes my hair, whispering that it'll all be okay even though I know he has no idea either. For now though, this is okay. I am being comforted even if it isn't much. This is what family is for.